• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reactor parts

john arnold

Hello

Was gonna build rex griggs reactor but cant find parts in plumber stores, i got some but it went down to such a small bore it would restrict flow too much, im no plumber but the stuff you get in the states you cant get here in uk unless anyone know where i can get parts?

Unfortunately it is differcult to say what loss of flow you might experience as it depends on so many factors.
Every twist and turn will have some effect on flow, right angle bends and reduced pipe diameter or any ‘add on’ all effect flow to some degree.
The pumps we tend to use are generally low wattage and don’t deal with back pressure very well but many people have sucsefully added in line reactors.
It is a bit of trial and error I am afraid and not always a cheap option either!
Anyway you can use flexy pipe for most connections and all components necessary are readily available on line.

Ok thanks its just i have trouble finding sizes using* metric for pipes i have on filter and bloody imperial plumbing accessories is crazy, most plumbing shops i tried were no use at all for fixings

The trouble is what part do i need so i can fit my 16mm inside diam filter pipe onto the reactor, ill just have to figure it out

Back