• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Broken Regulator. Help!

agol77

Hi all

I’ve been in the process of setting up my new Aquascaper 900, and have had a bit of a disaster. I have a delivery of plants arriving from Aquarium Gardens tomorrow, so thought I’d get my hardware set up this evening.

I have a CO2 Art regulator, and the bubble counter push fitting has always been a bit loose and wobbly, so I thought I’d just give it a tweak with a spanner, to try tightening it up. I tweaked a bit hard, and the needle valve snapped off where it goes in to the solenoid (see photos). I’m a ‘bit’ annoyed with myself, to say the least!

Is this fixable? If so, which bits do I need?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew
ed3a42cca3fde4859bbc8afac931c911.jpg
ea0d1454d182f5df5bd26b92414696b7.jpg
9beb0998c0faf29f16d63511c0430864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part that sheard off can probably be extracted from the solenoid if you're careful. Can we get a photo of the solenoid to see what's in there?

Unscrewing the the nut on the solenoid could also be an option, I doubt it's an unusual thread/fitting.

As above

I’d be asking Aquarium Gardens to send out a regulator stat ... depending on plants, I’d wait for CO2 system to be up & running - most plants will “hold” better in their tissue culture etc state
Or follow a dry start method .... though again this depends on plant species ordered

Thanks all. I’ve just placed an order for a new reg. That was a costly mistake to make!

@agol77 if You're planning on bining the old reg, would I be able to buy it from you?

I’m going to hang on to it, and have a go at fixing it in the future, as I’ll be setting up a new tank at some point. I’m hoping I’ll be able to just get a new solenoid and needle valve for it.

Cheers for your help though.

An update on this issue.

I emailed Karol at CO2 Art, and he got back to me with a really helpful reply, explaining that I can easily fix the regulator. I just needed to unscrew the needle valve from the solenoid (I assumed they’d be cemented in place), and bolt on a new one. He’s also sending me the new needle valve free of charge! That’s impressive customer service, right there.

I’ve already ordered a new regulator, so now will have a spare. It would probably be rude not to use it by setting up another tank, and I do have an old 12” cube up in the loft!

64689056745302170dfcefa11f24a773.jpg

Back