• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James ADA 60p Iwagumi Journal

Dosing with EI every day except Saturday and then a 50 - 70% water change every Sunday, clean glass every Sunday or when needed, light on 8 hours ago. Clean filter every 6 months.
Lovely, may I ask What's your routine? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome thanks, what are you dosing exactly?

Got the same setup instead twinstar less powerful version and Struggle to get healthy plants and kill BBA.

I'm dosing aquarebell special N (1ml) and npk (3ml) daily
Once a week iron eisen aquarebell (4ml)

Awesome thanks, what are you dosing exactly?

Got the same setup instead twinstar less powerful version and Struggle to get healthy plants and kill BBA.

I'm dosing aquarebell special N (1ml) and npk (3ml) daily
Once a week iron eisen aquarebell (4ml)
I've just edit my post, I'm dosing EI salts. Every since swapping to use them I'm pants have do amazing and with plenty of co2.

Amazing scape! Well Done! What EI Salts do you use? What quantity? Thx :)
Currently using Tropica Plant growth and thinking to move to EI Salts.
Can you use it in a dosing pump with daily dose?
Thank you

I'm using the salts from the starter pack on aquarium plants food with extra iron. I believe you can use dosing pumps, I don't myself.

Thank you, I thought the journal had gone a bit stale as there never really anything to update bar photo, I have hardly any algae and I go 2 week's without water changes at times.
This is a wonderful journal, seeing the scape change and evolve, brilliant.

Thank you

I'm using the salts from the starter pack on aquarium plants food with extra iron. I believe you can use dosing pumps, I don't myself.

Excellent! Possibly a stupid question but could it work this way with a dosing pump?:
- 1 container with mixed Macro elements dosed every two days (when Micro isn't dosed)
- 1 container with mixed Micro elements dosed every two days (when Macro isn't dosed)

I just heard that the salt can crystallise after few days in the solution, if so, could it be a problem for the use with a dosing pump?
I'm not sure really so I wouldn't want to say. Maybe pop a question on the fertilizer section, you may get an answer there.

What a beauty ! Colors, health, scape.... All in one ! It looks so natural ! I don't have enough with my 2 eyes ! :woot::what::clap:

Thank for your lovely comment, it overgrown abit now so needs another trim, going to trim in right low this time.

What a beauty ! Colors, health, scape.... All in one ! It looks so natural ! I don't have enough with my 2 eyes ! :woot::what::clap:

Thank you

Si I just got my starter kit and I was wondering did you mix yours as it is said in the instructions? Same tsp? Someone said it's too much Mg?

If yes, how much ml are you putting in your 60p daily?

Thank you very much sir

Si I just got my starter kit and I was wondering did you mix yours as it is said in the instructions? Same tsp? Someone said it's too much Mg?

If yes, how much ml are you putting in your 60p daily?

Thank you very much sir
Yes I mix mine up just the same as the guide apart from the micros, I mix that up double the amount then add half the recommended dose.

I'm dosing at the moment 12ml of macros on Sunday, Tuesday, thrusday. 6ml of micros on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then 10ml of extra iron on Monday & Friday, rest day on Saturday and 50-70% on Sunday.

The thing with EI is not to over think it really and just making sure there is more then needed ferts available for the plants to take, add that to plenty of co2 and you should be onto a winner.

A photo update on how the tank is looking at the moment.

The scape has lost its shape I think, I unsure on what to do with the scape now. I'm considering giving it a good trim and try to get it looking good as I just don't have the time to rescape it at the moment.

All my clippings have gathered in the overgrown Fissidens fontanus at the top of the water and the Rotala have started to emersed which is pretty cool.
8f9122883c341c02fee74cc1d2c76f5e.jpg
b68e0c2163869be7f5034209d16a5220.jpg

Back