• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

One Tree Hills

Well... this tank is going to be shutdown... It was a great learning opportunity.

I'm selling the fish (check the for sale section of the forum) and probably the hardscape will have to go to.

been a great journal to follow, will look forward to your next
I'm planning to try some different things at the moment, nothing worth posting here on UKAPS... I need a new challenge and at the same time need to reduce the amount of maintenance I need to do every week (to keep the wife happy).

I have 4 tanks at the moment:
  • Juwel Rio 240 - got it about 3 months ago
    • running bare bottom
    • plan to stock with about 10 fancy goldfish (currently only has 2).
    • so far is the biggest and the easiest to maintain I've ever had... lol
  • DoAqua 60L (from this Journal)
    • shutting down
    • is going to serve as a quarantine tank for goldfish (starting on Sunday)
    • Not sure if I'll have some plants on it during that period
    • It's going to be converted to a Reef tank after that
  • Fluval Edge 46L - got it last month
    • currently cycling
    • running bare bottom, but with a bit of moss and java fern on a rock
    • is going to serve as a quarantine tank for 2 goldfish at a time
    • was going to convert it to a reef tank, but with the DoAqua shut down, my plans changed... not sure what I'll do with it now.
  • Fluval Chi (The one from my Tropical Planted Nano Tank Journal)
    • High Tech planted tank with Vallis and Java Fern, so I'll probably slowly turn it into a Low Tech
    • It has Red Cherry Shrimp, Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Californian Black Worms & Amphipods (It still has some Endlers, but they're waiting to be collected)
    • The critters keep it clean, so it's also quite low maintenance (I haven't cleaned the glass in a few months now)
    • Plan to get a Betta to put in it (hopefully the shrimp will have enough hiding spots to survive)
So, this means I'll keep updating the Fluval Chi Journal once in a while, but all the others fall out of UKAPS' subject.

Hi Kadoxu,
Super work, if I can ever get anything like this I'll be very happy. While I like planted tanks "Aquascaping" seems to be something else. I have a greenhouse full of Cacti, perhaps in the spring I can propergate something watery.

Regards

Mel.

Hi Kadoxu,
Super work, if I can ever get anything like this I'll be very happy. While I like planted tanks "Aquascaping" seems to be something else. I have a greenhouse full of Cacti, perhaps in the spring I can propergate something watery.
Hi Mel,

Thank you!

This one was a PITA, to be honest... never got to the point I wanted it to. But I learned a lot from it.

This tank is looking a bit different now... :lol: being used to quarantine fancy goldfish at the moment

IMG_20171105_211248.jpg

Back