• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60 cm no name

AndreiD

Hello , my name is Andrei , i read ukaps for more than 1 year and this is my second setup , i enjoy reading a lot of things here , but i have a few questions for you guys regarding my tank

Tank has 5 months

Plants : Monte Carlo , Hygrophila Pinnatifida , rotala green , anubias nana , bucephalandra , staurogyne repens , microsorum trident

-60x30x36 tank size

-weekly 50 % water change

-Ada Amazonia and power sand

-Ada Aquasky 601

-Eheim 2071 with substrat pro

-6 hours of lighting

-CO2 3 bps with tropica 3-1 diffuser , drop checker is yellow and MC starts pearling aprox 1 hour after lights go on . CO2 starts 3 hours before light and shuts off half hour before lights go off

-I dose macros each other day , stopped dosing micros because I had 0.4-0.5 ppm Fe , now I have aprox 0.1 ppm just with tap water , for micros I used chelated trace ,

-Easy Carbo – 2 ml each day

-Kh 3

-Ph around 6,5

-I dose (according to http://www.theaquatools.com/fertilization-calculator )

KNO3 : 16 ppm each other day

KH2PO4 : 3 ppm each other day , if I dose less I get GSA

K2SO4 : I got enough from KNO3 and KH2PO4 but I dose 5 ppm extra each other day , I had a few holes in H Pinnatifida leaves

MGSO4 : 10 ppm each other day

I also tried to add more CO2 but I can’t , fish are at water surface , gasping for air . I spot treated BBA with Easy Carbo , it works but it gets back after a few weeks.

BBA I have on wood and on slow growing plants like anubias and bucephalandra , also on some staurogyne leaves and microsorum

My issues are BBA and some small spots of cyanobacteria , also staurogyne not growing properly , MC and staurogyne are getting transparent leaves , like glass , then leaves falling of rooting and dying , this last issue is driving me crazy because I can’t get stauro growing up properly L and this is not a hard plant. Rotala , pinnatifida and microsorum grow are ok , stauro and MC are my problems , those transparent leaves (glassy) are driving me crazy

Should I dose more NO3 ? according to nutrients imbalance ? if I dose 3 ppm of PO4 should I dose till I get to 45 ppm of NO3 ?
Is this imbalance helping BBA to grow ?

Or I’m doing something else wrong ?

Is 0.5 ppm of Fe helping the growth of BBA ?

I also asked others opinion about this transparent leaves thing and I got a response like could be a toxicity of micros , but I’m not 100 % convinced about it

And some pictures with tank , stauro getting transparent (glassy) and dosing

Thanks

Attachments

• tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    575.3 KB · Views: 296
  • stauro.JPG
    stauro.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 248
  • NO3+PO4.jpg
    NO3+PO4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 227
I'm glad you found your answers.

I faced the same problem with getting answers on a Journal... you'll get more feedback by placing the questions separately on the respective sub forums here on UKAPS.

You can always reference the threads here on the journal afterwards.

Hi all,
I'm pleased you've found a resolution.
when i increased Fe to 0.5 ppm problem disappeared
Iron (Fe) is a non-mobile element within the plant, which means that deficiencies <"show up in young leaves">.

Most of the other plant nutrients are mobile in the plant which means that deficiencies show first in older leaves.

cheers Darrel

Back