• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help - diagnosis and fix

Danielm

Guys.
Appreciate some help here.

Tank has been running now for about 6 weeks. Running CO2 and adding EA aquascaper all in one ferts

Struggling with this algae (pictured)

I have 3 ottos in tank and added 5 Amano shrimps (have not seen the shrimps since the day I added them about 2 weeks ago!)

Been doing approx 50% water changes weekly.

I dropped the light intensity but not making much difference

I now have the drop checker running so it is green when the lights come on. Then goes off about an hour before lights out.- lights are on for 6 hours in total, but with an hour ramp up/down within that period.

Any help greatly appreciated!

f03c6c2f65a004c36f024dd5de3040b2.jpg
8d9b8b5d6bdc7501e07e315f996d71a4.jpg

Had similar only way to get rid of it is to syphon it out at water change and then do multiple weekly water changes to keep the tank really clean.
For me I was on twice weekly 75% changes and it took 3-4 weeks to get on top of it.

You probably blasted the tank with too much light. Does it also receive natural sunlight? Could you sharea pic of the tank with lights on?

Looks a bit like Rhizoclonium algae,
Normally caused by Low CO2 and poor water flow.

Removal
Increase CO2 levels and check nutrient dosing.
Give the tank a good clean followed by a big water change every few days.

Also Overdosing Excel, EasyCarbo should help.

If you turn the filtration off you can blast area that you can't clean with a syringe full of liquid carbon watch out for adding too much liquid carbon as it will also kill off your shrimps. Turn the filtration back on after 10 mins.

Back