• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to use second filter.

RickB

Hi.

I have a Roma 200 that has been set up for a week so far using seeded media from my external from my other tank.

I am planning on stripping the old tank down in a few weeks and am thinking of using the ef1000 external on the roma.

Problem I have is where to use it?

The internal filter is currently in the back left corner of the tank, there is really no way to place the external at the front of the tank and really do not want to put the internal at the front.

Anyone have any idea's?

(I really want to keep the internal filter too)

Does the Roma have cutouts at the back like Juwel tanks have. This is how my spray bar "gets into the tank".
upload_2018-6-7_10-35-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-7_10-31-17.png
    upload_2018-6-7_10-31-17.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 76
Does the Roma have cutouts at the back like Juwel tanks have. This is how my spray bar "gets into the tank".

Yes it does but not as deep, would likely have to cut into the lid to make it fit.

One of the reasons I really want to keep the internal is for the way it helps oxygenate the water, also the 1000ef is no where near 1000 lph so would like the extra flow.

One of the reasons I really want to keep the internal is for the way it helps oxygenate the water,
How ? Most of the oxygen (and CO2 loss if planted) occurs at the water surface rather than any bubbles/aeration provided as the tank surface area is many many times that of any bubbles in the tank. All that is necessary (for O2 and CO2 loss !!!) is slight surface agitation, many many times more effective than aeration/venturi's etc.

Do a google for Oxygen calculater in water, there are a few around.. Than you'll see that water in 99% of the conditions provided actualy is saturated at its maximum in natural equlibrium. It realy is about tiny amounts.. If you see an oxygen bubble on a plant, this means you water is completely saturated and not able to take up more.

Back