• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wasp nest in my shed.

RickB

WP_20180525_10_37_37_Pro.jpg

What would be the best way to get rid and to clear the rest of the spiders out?

I just read that spiders tend to be a similar size to the egg... that is a big spider lol

Awsome!! Leave it be and watch with aw to all little probably yellow baby spiders bunching together when hatched.. What is very funny is they all stay together as a big ball.
But if you disturb it it falls apart, but each baby spider instantly shoots out a web strain like a little spiderman not to get seperated from the group. All crawl back together again to form a ball.. A spider ball.. :) Realy cute to observe..

Since i have water in the garden i regularly find spider nests, they love to nest near water, best chance to catch flying insects. But don't wory, depending on the available food source they wont stay together indefinitely. After a while each goes his own way finding a place with a sufficient food source on it's own. Likely not in your shed, there aint enough to eat fro them in there. For now it's just shelter..

Out of curiosity could that be some kind of hornets nest ir wasp nest instead of a spider nest?

Actually does look like a wasps nest. I find them quite regularly hanging from the roof timbers in my garage.

It is not very big though, probably in between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball.

There are different types of rather small wasp sp. that can make such small nests.. :) E.g. the gall wasp sp. they can make golfball sized galls, you see them often hanging in trees, like strange looking out of place fruit..

If it is a spider nest, just look up close, spider nests are fluffy made out of spider web material looking like a cotton ball.. Wasp is always paper like.. :)

Last edited:
Nah I shot it with a super soaker and it fell apart like a paper lantern.

I don't like to say, because i just don't like to contribute in anything beein killed.. But wasps are hymenopterans, same family as ants, housefly, mosquito etc. Thus the super market mosquito spray also kills wasps even if the package doesn't say it. Than find the hole of the nest, best it to connect a tube to the spraycan nozzle. stick the tube in the hole, spray a 30 seconds and get the hell out off the way, go inside and close all windows and doors and wait 30 minutes. And you can add your self to the list of genocidal killers :rolleyes:

I had a hornets nest once in a berry shrub in the garden, i got stung while enjoying some berries.. Than the pro i called billed me 80 quit, o_O to kill 'm all.. Year later i had them above the kitchen window in the roller shutter box.. Than i used the spray myself... Damn they got mad, it sounded like they were trying to fly away with the complete roller shutter. Because i sprayed in the nest entrance they searched for an alternative exit and found a way into my kitchen via the ceiling. I had to make a run for it, felt like a new Alfred Hitchcock movie in the make..

Back