• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Helianthum Tenellum 'Broad leaf’ - missing nutrient?

tayloss

Hi all,

I have some Helianthum Tenellum 'Broad leaf’ growing in my 25litre planted shrimp/fish tank, but it doesn’t seem to be too happy.

aff03b60ae41503153e2176ac25c48d1.jpg

About 6 months ago I removed the CO2 setup and started a daily dosing schedule of 1ml Excel and 2.5ml Macro/Micro fertiliser mix..

I wonder if its being starved of light where it is due to the covering of Frogbit or is that another nutrient it’s lacking?

The Cyrpts are doing ok considering I was advised that Glut can cause them to melt.. but the mid range plants look lacking lust!

Does it need CO2 or should I just remove all the dead/poor looking leaves...

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm.. only option is back to CO2?

I could never get the balance right between the injection amount and battling algae :(

The DC was green but algae was riff... it was being turned on 1-2hours before the light and 30mins before in the evening... adding a complete fert as well...

Since removing I thought I was on top and with the shrimp thriving I didn’t want to risk killing them with too much CO2...

Do I remove the plant instead?

Not sure if this adds to my CO2 issue, but I use a buffering substrate where it lowers my PH to around 6-6.5 so I found when adding CO2, the PH dropped even lower.. my water is at GH8 and KH0 due to remineralising for Caridina shrimp...?

Back