• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A clear mind

Now I just need the seal of approval from the Mrs when she gets in from work.....

While I'm here a couple of thoughts, the EA skimmer attachment. I think it needs a minimum flow of 800lph to really maximise both top and bottom inlets.

300 vs 450 deep, having the 60p next to my signature I think 450 is an ideal depth back to front.
20180305_105530.jpg

Well it's a month since I set this up with the changes from previous attempts, all I can say is they have worked perfectly.

I am now 100% certain that matching the co2 to the natural light was the best thing I did, for a week now I have been running the aquasky 601 with all led's uncovered by tape as they were.

I have not had a single bit of hair algae which was driving me insane previously, nor any other algae on anything but the stone and a bit of gravel which is to be expected and feeds the ottos anyway lol

So this is the current state of the tank after 4 weeks, apart from water changes and cleaning the surface line I haven't cleaned anything in the last 4 weeks.

20180305_190822.jpg

Now as I leave this one alone to grow in and take some shape I'll be tinkering with it's brother from another mother, the ADA 60p.

20180305_190957.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'll chuck this in here as I think I'm decided on it, now to decide on adding co2 or not which will dictate the direction it goes in.

I haven't even got a filter yet so it's a way off anything being done.

20180308_173651.jpg

That composition is insane.

OK I can't be the only one who sees the things in the rocks.

Big main rock person clinging on to three rock face.

To the side the flatter rock, a goonch cats face.

Below main rock, BSG old school centurion

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

That composition is insane.

OK I can't be the only one who sees the things in the rocks.

Big main rock person clinging on to three rock face.

To the side the flatter rock, a goonch cats face.

Below main rock, BSG old school centurion

Hahahahaha well I don't see faces but that's funny as hell!!

I put the scape together in about an hour, it seems the less I think about it the better it turns out.

Lol.

Sometimes that makes for the most creative and interesting scaping.
Like today's scape, no planning just put stuff where it fit and done.

I like it a lot, the rocks are very powerful which will result in a really good look when planted, nice job man. :thumbup::clap:

Well after some thought and a talk with the Mrs setting up another tank just wasn't practicle with a baby on the way, so...

I've moved into the ADA 60p and will be selling this Signature and light to focus on that from here on.

Sadly this journal has come to it's end today, the continuation can be found here.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/ada-60p-shades-of-grey.52347/

20180311_200600.jpg

Thought I would report back with pretty exciting news, I have just spotted a fry which I presume is from the rice fish which I watched spawn.

I assume at least that one egg was attached/stuck to/in the Juncus as that is where it just popped up from.

Back