• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A clear mind

Root growth is good growth! :) watch this space.
I tried a bit in a dry start a while back, didn't see any growth after about two weeks so took it out only to then notice good root growth lol

I've been pretty impatient with previous set ups so taking this one nice and easy but it's nice to see things doing well and especially better than previous attempts.

Looking forward to this
20180302_143652.jpg

Well the 16mm skimmer pipe is a lot bigger than I expected.... possibly better suited to a min 90cm tank rather than 60cm but it's great either way.

I've removed the additional circulation pump and will see how it goes for a week, if I notice any change I'll look at upgrading my Eheim 2213 external to a 2215 for the added flow.

I'll let the Hydrocotyle tripartita Japan settle in for a while and then give it a good trim to shape it how I want it.

The skimmer attachment does create an awesome vortex at the surface too.

20180302_211300.jpg
20180302_211412.jpg

Loved the rock work. Always confused when skilful rock work is then immediately covered up. You have a rare talent you should find a way to plant whatever plants you want without totally obscuring the rocks.

Loved the rock work. Always confused when skilful rock work is then immediately covered up. You have a rare talent you should find a way to plant whatever plants you want without totally obscuring the rocks.
Thank you, pictures don't show the tank very well tbh as the rock is still quite exposed, it's all very early stages with ideas and progress to get it where I want it.

I don't want to go full on Iwagumi with the planting so it's a matter of finding a good middle ground really.

A little over two weeks ago I got some rice fish ( Oryzias woworae ), I hadn't seen them before so had a read about them and they are great little things.

Every morning since getting them I have watched them in the hope of breeding, this morning I have seen females carrying and dropping eggs, they carry their eggs externally like a little bunch of grapes lol

They are still at It, fascinating to watch. I've tried catching it on my phone but they keep ducking in and out of the AR mini, I'll set up my go pro to hopefully catch them on film tomorrow.

Keep them and sell the fry as they are a great strain. Which is getting very popular with livevearer keepers

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Keep them and sell the fry as they are a great strain. Which is getting very popular with livevearer keepers

Typical had to be the ones my Mrs chose didn't it lol

How about this one?
20180303_215703.jpg

Typical had to be the ones my Mrs chose didn't it lol

How about this one?
View attachment 113687

Mmmm that is a low quality Tiger Endler, that strain has been so over bred. That the tiger stripes are fading and looking more like snakeskins. You can see the snakeskin along the top of the head.
Although the Red Tigers are now looking good.
Since you have both tigers and blue star, you may end up with some interesting Hybrids popping up in the generations to come from the mixing.

I am crossing a Magenta male with Firecracker females and One spot females to see what comes out of it.

Mmmm that is a low quality Tiger Endler, that strain has been so over bred. That the tiger stripes are fading and looking more like snakeskins. You can see the snakeskin along the top of the head.
Although the Red Tigers are now looking good.
Since you have both tigers and blue star, you may end up with some interesting Hybrids popping up in the generations to come from the mixing.

I am crossing a Magenta male with Firecracker females and One spot females to see what comes out of it.
I never would have thought guppies/endlers would be such a serious interest so it's interesting to hear the proper names, I really had no interest in them before now but am now aware there is more to them then breeding like mice lol

I never would have thought guppies/endlers would be such a serious interest so it's interesting to hear the proper names, I really had no interest in them before now but am now aware there is more to them then breeding like mice lol

Its a big side of the Hobby. and there are Huge auctions up and down the country that are very popular, where new strains created are sold and exchanged.
I was lucky to be present when the 1st pair of Japanese Blue Endlers were sold in the UK. And they went for Over £200 for 1 Male and 2 females. Now 6+ years later they are as low as £1

Its a big side of the Hobby. and there are Huge auctions up and down the country that are very popular, where new strains created are sold and exchanged.
I was lucky to be present when the 1st pair of Japanese Blue Endlers were sold in the UK. And they went for Over £200 for 1 Male and 2 females. Now 6+ years later they are as low as £1

Bloody hell, I never would have thought that about them.

They breed so easily, what makes them in such high demand and interest?

Just the colours of them, and then you move onto all the new colours that are extreme versions of other fish bred into livevearer. I really want some red cap guppies or kohaku koi.
Platinum whites are new and look good.

Back