• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 90P triangular composition

Napoleon

I just set up a Ada 90P and will post here the progress
The hardscape is made of manzanita wood from aqua essential.
ADA ryuoh stone, la plata sand,
image.jpeg

I spent lots of time preparing the plants
Each species was divided in 3 to 4 different sizes and were planted 2/3 stems at the time
image.jpeg

The moss was tied by using ADA cotton moss wich has the particularity to dissolve once the moss has attached itself to the wood or rocks
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I used some wooden sticks to determine where each plants will go
Anubias nana were tied to small rocks using ADA wood tight and scattered around
image.jpeg

I started planting the shortest plant at the front and finished by tall at the back
image.jpeg

Finished aquascape one day after planting
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 304
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 397
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 236
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 232
Wow, looks amazing from day one, this is going to look insane once it has grown in.

Is that UG at the back? are you not worried about it being shaded out, can't quite tell from the picture could be a 12grow stem plant.

I will keep uploading pics of the tank progression
Unfortunately today it's not a good one
All the cryps have started to melt, even tho I knew it was going to happen as the cryps were in hard water tank before and I have soft water, I was hoping they wouldn't melt some how.
Never mind they are slow growing and will take time to regrow to the same size. I will add some ADA multi bottom fertilisers in a month or so .
As it is a new set up I am doing 1/3 to half water change everyday to keep water condition till it is cycled
Forgot to mentioned that even tho it's a new set up the filter was running on a previous tank and should speed up cycling ...can't wait for the first Amano shrimps and ottos☺️
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 193
Got the fish today, and apart from the cleaning crew ottos and amanos shrimps I only wanted one species of fish and i wanted to be a schooling species. I went to pets at home yesterday and nearly went for glowing tétras but I’m glad I waited, today I found some glowing danios in Balham Lfs ( use to be in Great Portland Street)
They really complement my aquascape and I’m really pleased with them not too dull not to colourful
4D04F71A-C3AC-4E26-9D1A-C4E0C2841AA4.jpeg
63225BFA-C444-4C6D-9B11-4ABA8E5AB3B5.jpeg
2B6268B5-012A-4F33-9EFF-9F5F02C47199.jpeg

Hi just wondering where do you buy ‘red’ plants?? Lol might sound a little bit of a dumb question but i and new to planted and only seem to see the ‘easy’ plants for sale in my local derbyshire fish stores...
Cheers
Chris

Back