• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 reactor. is it working properly?

Kostas

hello,
can someone please have a look on these 2 videos ,its my aquamedic co2 1000 reactor ,

im just wondering if its working properly.

please note the number of bubbles in my bubble counter (very high). it seems that its working ok to me but the fact that my drop checker isn't going yellow (i know it shouldn't) is making me wonder.
the original setting on my first 2 weeks of running the aquarium was 4bps and my plants where melting and i have BBA growth. at 4bps the drop checker was dark green. i kept increasing it my a tiny amount every 24 hours up to the injection you will see in the video.
my dosing is EI (dry ferts except Fe) for 300lt.
216w T8 lighting (2x54 4500k and 2x54W 6500k) 8h.
50%+ water change /week
plants kept melting so i figured that it must be the Co2. my plan is to increase it until i see yellow on the drop checker, then decrease it a bit.
is my thought process correct?
(i moved houses so i had to move it and i also replaced the plants)

the first video is the reactor and bubble counter. plz have a look and tell me if u think its working properly
the second is the exit of the reactor ,just to show that no micro bubbles escape

Back