• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with my fluval 125l tank

Darren Carter

Hi guys I’m looking at starting up my fluval 125l tank again I’m upgrading a few things first tho mainly been looking at lighting when I brought the set up from water world it come standard with led lighting I’m looking at having a heavily planted tank so looking at upgrading the light as I feel it’s not strong enough can any one advise what’s better tho the Fluval fresh and planted 2.0 led light or the aqua sky as I’m confused and to be honest I have lost faith in asking my local store questions

You don't necessarily "need" a more powerful light, in fact a very powerful light can bring its own problems (algae).

Without writing an essay, i would be inclined to set up your tank with your new co2 system and the original light.

You will probably get healthier, if slower, growth and significantly reduce your risk of suffering algae problems.

It depends a little on what plants you plan to use as well, but for most common things it should be fine.

Too much light/too low co2 is the most common cause of grief on this forum and in my experience. Give yourself some wiggle room and go easy on the light (and save £100).

k

Ok thanks I may look in to other filters then I have got a ehiem classic 150 in my 50l new planted tank and it’s a great little filter but I just want a filter that is going to be easyier to maintain and good if that makes sense

Attachments

• D756EC98-FE6F-4681-BE64-4B83A748187C.jpeg
    D756EC98-FE6F-4681-BE64-4B83A748187C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
I just want a filter that is going to be easyier to maintain and good
I assume you haven't got the FX4 yet? If you are willing to stump up a bit more money the Fluval G6 is by far the easiest filter to maintain in my opinion and I really do mean that.
Have a look at some videos over on youtube.

It does come with spraybar etc but unsure on your tank dimensions.

Hi guys sorry for late reply works been a nightmare this week, it’s a fluval roma 125l it’s 50 x 80 x 35cm I’m looking at starting the tank up again in the summer but while it’s empty etc I want to get some good equipment that’s going to make the tank run more efficiently be better for upkeep etc etc it will be a heavily planted tank more than likely going to go for pretty fish in it like rainbows and barbs etc

Back