• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 45P Forest scape

Hi, If you have an inline heater why not an inline CO2 reactor...it is much more efficent than the defuser you have and keeps clutter out of the tank

I don’t really mind a diffuser in the tank. Reactor also slows down flow and is more hassle when cleaning tubes and Lily pipes.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

New Twinstar 450 e series for the ADA 45p. Lovely colors! Bought this already for the next rescape (brazil style). In that scape I will be using stems with colors so this led comes in handy. I like the design!
40318864531_e8539311fc_k.jpg
new twinstar e series by Nigel H, on Flickr

First final shot is done. The photo is ok but it can improve a little more. Needs some time till the back fills in more, to have less negative space. But it feels good to have a good picture already in case something happens with the tank. When contests are over I will share the final shot with you guys :)

Here you can see my setup how I do final shots. I don't use my twinstar when doing final shot because it will block out light of my external flashes. I use a very small led flood light above the tank so I can still see the position of the fishes. It is a lot easier when you have a hanging kit. It takes a lot of pictures to get that one with the fish in right position. Even after 180 photos I don't have the perfect photo with them all being in a line. The black cardboard is to reduce the amount of light entering in the camera lens.
40751173031_c780344c9a_k.jpg
final shot ada 45p setup by Nigel H, on Flickr

Nice little fish, I have them in my nano as well.
Btw, what lens and settings are you using to capture such great macros of your fish?

Thank you Tim. I really like them and less sensitive as boraras brigittae (I think).

For this photo I used:
Lens: Canon EF-S60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Settings:
  • ƒ/16.0 Diafragma
  • 1/200 Shutterspeed
  • 400 ISO
Remember that you need external flash to shoot with this settings. You need a lot amount of light otherwise the photo will be very dark. And I recently made a video about how to make full tank shots / detail shots. This is not for macro photography but the setup is the same just some different settings and lens.

I could make a video about macro photography but I am not sure if there is demand for it.

Thanks Nigel, and I've watched your excellent video and found it very informative.
Well, you have at least one interested person in a video about macro photography ;)

Man i love this scape, there is so many textures going on. :thumbup::clap: looks luscious, i can't think of another word to describe it.

Angus

Its very hard to describe the perfect words for Nigel's work.

I think you would find Nigel spent many hrs just planning that tank then adjusting/fine tuning as it matured.

Keith:wave::wave:

Looks amazing Nigel really sharp strong textures and spaces u actually feel like u could walk through the woods love it so much u inspired me to order the 45p instead of the 60p today cause I think the smaller width encloses the space and makes it feel real

Looks amazing Nigel really sharp strong textures and spaces u actually feel like u could walk through the woods love it so much u inspired me to order the 45p instead of the 60p today cause I think the smaller width encloses the space and makes it feel real

Thank you

Both are great tanks can't go wrong with them :D

Oh my goodness, this is nothing short of spectacular, and I'm super jealous of your camera. Cuurently saving up for a Canon 7D, but the new tank ate into the camera fund.
Sigh

Thank you!

I would buy something like a canon 700d so you have more money to buy some good lenses. Lenses make the difference!

Thank you!

I would buy something like a canon 700d so you have more money to buy some good lenses. Lenses make the difference!

I know you're right. Thing is, some of the best photos I have ever taken were right at the beginning of digital photography, when I still took care and before Photoshop and when each shot still cost money (physical devoloping) and when there was no "Never mind, I'll fix it later in post-processing..."

As far as "true photography" is concerned, some (if not most) of my favourites were taken with a Canon 10D while I still had the discipline created by each shot costing actual money from the analog age.

Back