• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue Monday Pass - EA Aquascaper 900

Thats what i used to do dose the recomended EI.

The only issue as above was the calcium content in the water with EI. I also find it's hard to get reds to show unless you absolutely beast the lights and then you need to run your Co2 high.

George has posted on YouTube a guide to Iwagumi which is worth a look. My ADA 60p is now Iwagumi. Just cycling the soil and then I can plant. Hopefully it will be less maintenance and I can concentrate on my Aquascaper.

Quick update. Finally getting some reduction in my ongoing battle with hair algae on the Bolbitis. I've tried busting it with excel and was dosing 8 x dose at one point, but it didn't even budge. I decided to give up and keep on manually removing it but it kept coming back.

Last week I added carbon to the filter and I've altered my EI using the guidance of http://www.aquariumcalculators.com/, added a Sera Co2 reactor which is giving me Co2 dissolution. I also installed a Twinstar Nano. Since then the algea appears to be struggling. I have about a quarter the amount in about 5 days so happy that it's an improving situation.

IMG_0568.JPG

The tank is being filtered by an Eheim 600T and Eheim 600 classic
View attachment 104432

Hi

Could you tell me if you have two loops for your filters? I only notice one loop in your picture. I've ordered one of these tanks and am wondering how to potentially use two filters (as neatly as possible).

Cheers

Will

Well, a little while ago I went travelling and closed down my aquascapes. I came back to the UK in November and started up again. This is what it looks like now. I’ve just replaced what was Lilaeopsis brasiliensis for some Echinodorus Tenellus due to green spot issues. It was covered and not really growing. Upped Co2 and replanted. It’s growing well, Lots of Crypts growing too.

62FADC63-C009-4253-BCCE-BD89493928DC.jpeg

Back