• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

It was meant to be so easy

nayr88

Hi all

I have been keeping planted tanks a while and every now and then post up a journal.

HERES ANOTHER ONE!!

Bit upset as I took photos whilst setting up and turned the light on today to make sure after 24 hours I’m happy with the scale and BOOM!! There’s a huge flipping crack in the tank....

Sorry about the finger prints on the glass, I had already stared to remove the substrates.

7a14b4af37ffc9e73b9585af1fdcdf32.jpg

This was how things went before the crack

755f2ecfa33295cb4cd54d58f20857aa.jpg

78bc6c7ad63b5502e20a170bdf3137f3.jpg

e25ac30a8b293a0aa35a1aed68561546.jpg

I was tempted to go for a rock scape with HC carpet and hair grass back drop but decided against it.

9de612ec38279711fdfc7f8ca214522f.jpg

Any way the crack is mega annoying.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been keeping planted tanks a while and every now and then post up a journal.

HERES ANOTHER ONE!!

Not a nice experience.....but the above sounds a bit funny.....:doctor:

On the bright side, there were no fish to collect from the floor.....That's quite the crack though...How do you think it happened?

Not a nice experience.....but the above sounds a bit funny.....:doctor:

On the bright side, there were no fish to collect from the floor.....That's quite the crack though...How do you think it happened?

Honestly that was the only positive, there must of been a weakness in the tank and I’m so happy it was exposed now rather than after live stock, plants and a filter where added.

Well my mrs cleaned the office on the day so I guess she must of bumped it? She doesn’t re call and she’s the type that would of just gone and got another or said so I could pick another up - how ever she did it it wouldn’t of been with force enough to do the damage expected so surely a defect in the glass?

Crack and aquascaping is never a good combo :rolleyes:

Joking apart, I feel your pain Ryan.

Crack and aquascaping - I did wonder how Oliver knot comes up with some of the odd scapes he designs haha!! I Jest of corse.

Although it has made me think of going for an ADA 45p.....are they opti white?

Feel you pain, looks like an Dennerle Nano Cube 20L, lovely small tank, have one myself, used as a shrimp tanks a number years ago, but currently empty, and planning what to do with but only after my other newly setup scape settles.

Your other tank look good, will be following with interest, good luck.

Ok so I didn’t get the ada
I put it in my basket and then decided I’d plant something else to grow out some plants and then if I’m successfully scaped a cheap tank I’d go all in on a 45p and 451 moon light.

This tank is from pets at home and came with a filter, the light is an old one I had laying around and I stole to rock from my big tank

Could some one ID the plants for me please

6036ed464d379b88b808ed25e766ebd0.jpg

massively struggling to leave this tank alone!!!
i've now got mini landscape stone in the tank that will be getting the moss treatment.

i have done what i always end up doing and not allowing much space for the foreground to be any bigger then a border line.
i do want this to be very shrimpy so need a big moss pile. Th plant on the left will hopefully grow up and over towards the front and crypt to bush up, i dont mind the rocks being lost amongst the grass and moss, its just the grow in phase i get so, fidgety haha

Seeing you have an internal filter you can try attaching some moss on top of it. It grows quite well there and shrimp love it. There's an old picture of mine below. The moss is on top of a filter similar to yours. I've also attached moss to a spraybar and it grows as well. For some reason shrimp love the extra flow they get there and probably the food source too as it catches particles from the surface.

shrimplettsmoss_zpsac3467d4-jpg.jpg

tank2_zpseec05470-jpg.jpg

The decor in the tank has been left alone after I changed it one more time and it’s growing in nicely.
The pebble on the right is going to be replaced by either something VERY compact and red ( suggestions ) , more Grass or a nicer pebble.

d67e4c84dae532de4501eac44ac528d2.jpg

The grass really is growing very slow and very deep to the substrate before sending shoots back up
6d08b79c6aeed74a474cc558e74217ff.jpg

Thanks

b53eb5e864d6ae9f105033344113a3d6.jpg

Due a water change and prune tonight but this is how it’s looking.
Really need to get some shrimps in there now it’s established

Back