• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from East London, newbie looking for an advice regarding nano tank

wlodarska.iza

Seedling
Hello,

Secret Santa did very well last year and I got a nano fish tank (super-nano as it's only 7 litres...) which I'd like to set up soon. I'm still considering if I should exchange it for something a bit bigger, probably at least 20l but I don't really have permission to do it in the flat I rent so... well... I'm still considering if 7l is big enough to keep there anything as the water parameters can change fiercely and it's really tiny. I would like to set it up as Dutch-style, probably without CO2 but lots of plants not many fish.

Can you please advise?

Which tank do you have?

I'd consider this as shrimp or snail or Betta only in terms of the 7l volume, but dimensions & filter would impact suitability

Hi fellow Londoner, will be following along :)

Aqua oak tanks 4'x2'x2' & 5'x2'x2' both freshwater set up on apex Neptune systems.
Mortgage & Protection Adviser Full Time,
Peace

Hello and welcome, I think @alto has pretty much summed your options up.
Perhaps you could start a journal, that way we could follow your progress and offer any help you need along the way ;)

Thanks for all the comments! It's All pond solutions FW-7:

Specification:
arrow56.gif
Volume: 7 Litres
arrow56.gif
LED wattage: 3w
arrow56.gif
Pump output: 250L/h
arrow56.gif
Pump wattage: 2.5w
arrow56.gif
Dimensions: 230 x 160 x 275mm

I think about changing the light to a 7W LED desk lamp. I will start the journal when I decide if this is the size I will go for :)

Back