• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What hose to use....

Danny

Hey guys,

Bit of a simple one here, what hose do you use to connect your glassware? I know obviously co2 hose but which....

I've got some high pressure hose and it just doesn't seem right, it's stiff as old boots.....

Am I right that the high pressure hose is used from FE to bubble counter then a different softer hose used between glassware or is it a matter of heating the stiff stuff in hot water and just getting it on the glass carefully if even possible?

What glassware are you talking about . Bubble Counter ....Inlet pipe...outlet pipe ? The small diameter tubing for the CO2 will just be the usual CO2 resistant stuff and the bigger stuff 12/16 or 16/22 will just be the usual filter hose . If you have trouble fitting it just use hot water ( as you suggest) and take your time and ease it on and then let it cool. Taking it off might be more likely to give you issues as the tubing will have stuck on to the glass but again if you need to remove it just take your time ...considering allowing some slack when installing it in case you need to slice it off with a sharp blade

What glassware are you talking about . Bubble Counter ....Inlet pipe...outlet pipe ? The small diameter tubing for the CO2 will just be the usual CO2 resistant stuff and the bigger stuff 12/16 or 16/22 will just be the usual filter hose . If you have trouble fitting it just use hot water ( as you suggest) and take your time and ease it on and then let it cool. Taking it off might be more likely to give you issues as the tubing will have stuck on to the glass but again if you need to remove it just take your time ...considering allowing some slack when installing it in case you need to slice it off with a sharp blade
Bubble counter and diffuser, I'll be using an internal diffuser for the first couple of weeks as I want the visual indicator of changes when getting the supply right etc before going to an inline.

It doesn't matter as long as it's a good fit!
Ive used Soft flex Co2 tubing from the regulator and to the glassware!

Denerel do a green version!
I've had various opaque and clear soft flex Co2 tubing over the years!
ADA...do some Grey coloured off the top of my head!
Cheers hoggie

Last edited:
Back