• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

182l "Massive melting Massif"

-serok-

Hi folks!

Longer time nothing new from me... I was busy and there was a lot of work to do. But two weeks ago I finaly started a new layout in my 90x45x45cm opti white tank. I used 60kg of dragonrock (not dragonstone / ohko), also known as OK Rock Nr.2, to create this mountain scape. The substrate is sand only, there is no soil in the tank. Last weekend the layout got planted, I used the following plants:

- HCC
- MMC
- Eleocharis pussila
- Bucephalandra "Brownie"
- Bucephalandra "Broad wavy"
- Anubia nana "Pangolino"
- Crepidomanes malabaricum
- Riccardia spec.
- Vesicularia "Triangel Moos"
- 2 unknown mosses from India

For the first 4 weeks the tank will start by Drystart, so that the mosses can nicly grow onto the rocks.
Here are some pictures. I hope you like them ;)

The final Hardscape
182l#7_Hardscape.jpg

Foil covered tank for Drystart
GKK_MMM_Total%20DS.1.jpg

Detail mid section
GKK_MMM_Detail%20Planting.1.jpg

Detail left section
GKK_MMM_Detail%20Planting.2.jpg

Detail right section
GKK_MMM_Detail%20Planting.3.jpg

Thought there was a melting issue going....looks as though its not what I perceived ;):D.
Nice layout :thumbup:.....but you may have sand slippage when flooded....this could comprise your Dragonrock stability!

Thanks!

The Hardscape was build without sand, I filled it in after setting it up. So I think it should bei fine when the tank gets flooded. Of course the sand will slip a bit, but the stones will not... I'm really sure ;)

Hi Danny and thanks!

Yeah, I will fill it up with water this weekend. I'll give you an update when the tank is running.

Greetz

Hi there!

I'm very sorry... First I promised to update this Thread, than I forgott it. :angelic:

But there isn't much to tell... The tank is running for 4 weeks with water. The plants took a long time to grow submerged, two weeks or so. In this period the tank did not look really nice, but now it's okay.

Since ten days there are fishes living in the tank.

FB_IMG_1514076823375.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, the plants grew in well, but there is still some way to go until it's like I want it.

I placed the stones like a puzzle... Or Tetris. There are just 3 or 4 points where I fixed the stones together with glue

Back