• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Helpful members on UKAPS 2017 - Appreciation thread

rebel

Hi everyone,

I havent posted much here but have noted some exceptional knowledge and helpfulness demonstrated by some members here. I thought we should have a name and shane thread for these members who really drive the hobby forward.

My suggestions are
Ceg
Zozo
Darrell

Keen to hear of your nominations.

Happy holz!!

Last edited:
Where to start is easy

ian_m has been a massive help with setting up my PLC we have a pm conversion going on over a year 22 pages with a few smaller conversations as well

Plus the obvious culprits

Clive
Marcel
Darrel
Tim
Daveslany

there will be many others I'm sure sorry if your name isnt on my list, so many folk have been helpful at UKAPs

The fastest reply to a pm was 'George Farmer' which took about 2 mins :eek: It was the only pm I sent him, but seeing hes aquascaping all day I dont like to hassle him, but my status was noob at the time so Kudus due all the same.

I dont think Ive every been disappointed with any reply pm or thread in the year Ive been active. Great community IMO

Thanks guys i'm honered to be on this list.. But don't flatter us to much... :rolleyes: Because anybody questioning on this forum, no matter what, is a as equaly if not more importantant contributor than the people answering.

So :clap:+:thumbup:+
static.gif
+
heart.gif
to all of you!. No exeptions..
worshippy.gif

Thanks Again...

All the member's have helped me! Just be being here.
I can remember year's before the interweb where I floundered .

Thanks too kind

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Missed that at dinner time, wasnt expecting to get a mention:woot:. I do enjoy sharing as I learn from the replies :thumbup: just hope I've been helpful :nailbiting:

Hi all,
I have been in this hobby for 46 years, but have only taken the growing of plant seriously over the last few years, I joined this group in October and can honestly say I have learnt more from the people on here in the last three months than I had in the previous 46 years, all the previous mentioned guys have written some increadbly informative articles which have helped me enormously, I’ve been on the site everyday, always to find something new to read a learn.
Thanks again to everyone who have contributed and passed on there knowledge on these pages, it’s very much appreciated.

Hi all,
Personally I really enjoy some of the hi-tech threads, it is just something totally different for me. I think it is great that this is still a busy forum and that people have carried on posting new threads and it really isn't really about individual posters, it is about the whole community.,

If I was to pick some-one out it would be Marcel, @zozo, his threads have been really varied and always full of good things.

cheers Darrel

If I was to pick some-one out it would be Marcel, @zozo, his threads have been really varied and always full of good things.
:shy: Thank you Darrel!! This comming from you nocks me a bit of my feet.. I've learned more about this hobby in the last 2 years as UKAPS member than i ever did in the 25 years before that. Don't forget yourself, your threads and replies absolutely played a number 1 role in that and i bet this goes for the major part of the members. Thanks to you we understand a big deal more about how the show runs back stage. :thumbup: I can only say it's UKAPS which showed me there is so much more to this hobby, it's this what accelerates my enthusiasm into overdrive with mts and the urge to share every little bit of it. So I can only thank you guys for making me do so. :)

Well it's the same for me too Darrel, and like Marcel mentioned above, what's important is being part of an active community where everyone has the opportunity to contribute, and above all else help each other out.

But it is great to have so many key members, like Darrel, Clive, Marcel, ian_m, and Zeus, and others, not yet mentioned, such as @foxfish ,@hogan53, @Nelson, @Mick.Dk and @Edvet, whose significant contribution, along with those of all the other members, help to keep UKAPS current and relevant.

Also as Clive mentions above too, we mustn't forget all the hard work that Paulo @LondonDragon puts in behind the scenes to keep the show on the road.

Thanks Tim
I appreciate your comments:)....although I've been around for a few years I don't consider myself as a expert, or have a vast knowledge as of the likes of Clive and Darrel & Mick.Dk!
I tend to lurk in the background to keep the forum ticking over!
If I can help out where possible I will do.....;)
Cheers
hoggie

.although I've been around for a few years I don't consider myself as a expert, or have a vast knowledge as of the likes of Clive and Darrel & Mick.Dk!
Not many of us do, but that said I think you're being entirely too modest :)
I tend to lurk in the background to keep the forum ticking over!
If I can help out where possible I will do.....;)
Exactly...it's a team effort :cool:

I like the techie and science stuff but also like to hear people's personal experiences. So everyone!

Back