• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do we really need that much fertiliser ?

Starting to suffer from Frogbit envy now :meh: I think we should have a bit of a Frogbit competition like they do with those massive pumpkins :D Side effect of the competition will be the rest of your plants will love it..which can't be a bad thing.

Hi all,
Frogbit envy now :meh: I think we should have a bit of a Frogbit competition like they do with those massive pumpkins
I must admit this thread has given me Frogbit envy as well, but I think that is the start of the slippery slope, and nothing but heart-ache lies that way.

However
if I was going to to go down the "my frogbit is bigger & better than your frogbit" route:

I would wait until next summer, make sure it gets plenty of sun-light (on a window-sill, or even better, outside) and grew it in shallow water, with a nutritious bottom, and lots of nutrients in the water column.

You can see thick white roots on the high light plant (in my photo earlier in the the thread) these had grown once the plant was anchored to the substrate.

This (or even bigger) should be possible, (from <"University of Florida - Center for aquatic and invasive plant species">).

limlae4.jpg

cheers Darrel

I would put mine in my low-down pond, where watercress grows huge, green leaves, but no-one wnats to eat them. In the higher pond it grows smaller, paler leaves, but people will eat them. The reason for both differences is that the dogs can reach to wee on the lower one. :)

I would put mine in my low-down pond, where watercress grows huge, green leaves, but no-one wnats to eat them. In the higher pond it grows smaller, paler leaves, but people will eat them. The reason for both differences is that the dogs can reach to wee on the lower one. :)

Ha! Can understand why ... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya'll know , do we really NEED CO2 gas enrichment? Or NEED high light? Well, depends on your goal, but the generally answer is certainly a resounding no, you do not.
Folks love the haggle about ferts, but not CO2, or light, even though those are the two main drivers.

Back