• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tv Series Your Watching Now?

Lately I have been listening to old XFM ramblings of Gervais, Pilkington and lanky freak Merchant.

One of the my all time favourites that I missed (since someone mentioned Columbo, love a bit of Columbo on a sunday afternoon)...

Rockford files... I wasn't even born when this was out but it was repeated in the 90s and I binged the lot. Got it on DVD somewhere and think the soundtrack and the good ole' punch em in the gut violence is cracking :D

Has anyone just started watching the new Punisher series? I have watched the first 2 episodes so far and I must admit I am hooked :)

Has anyone watched power on Netflix?

Not everyone’s cup of tea but i’m nearly finished season 2 and I barely ever watch tv

"Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em", i remember from my younger days.. :lol:
And "Are you been served" also hillarious. :thumbup:
Crikey, that's going back to the dark days of the 70s not a great time in British history. Power cuts, unending industrial action - unions holding the country to ransom, the Cold War, painfully wide flares, Blue Nun and Black Tower cooling in the fridge :meh:...just as well we had the likes of Mrs Slocombe and her pussycat for a bit of light entertainment.

My favourite from that era is definitely Dad's Army though...

Crikey, that's going back to the dark days of the 70s not a great time in British history. Power cuts, unending industrial action - unions holding the country to ransom, the Cold War, painfully wide flares, Blue Nun and Black Tower cooling in the fridge :meh:...just as well we had the likes of Mrs Slocombe and her pussycat for a bit of light entertainment.

My favourite from that era is definitely Dad's Army though...

:lol:

I love a bit of Allo Allo myself. :) currently watching The Walking Dead, and a piratey series called Black Sails.

Has anyone watched power on Netflix?
Its pretty cool :)

Altered Carbon - Netflix masterpiece, not to be missed!
Been hooked recently on Hap and Lenard!
Started watching Krypton, if you like that comic stuff you will enjoy it, ok so far!
Billions, great TV series and new season just started :)
Nailed it! - The most hilarious baking show on Netflix!! lol
Collateral - Great start, bit dull towards the end!
Save Me - Was good, but hard to stomach at time due to subject!
The Detour - Funny and so politically incorrect! :)
Kiri - Good British series :)
Rellik - another British, mind bending series that is played backwards!
Black Mirror 0 if you never seen this where have you been? great new season :)
Stranger Things - Awesome second season also :)

To name some of the most recent I have seen! lol :)

I'm just starting to get in to this whole box set thing and I've a lot of catching up to do, so it seems.
Most recently I watched season 1 of Wynonna Earp and assorted Marvel character series like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist etc.
Before that I binged out on Californication, which was a blast, the writing is excellent and David Duchovny slips in to the role way to easily, I guess it's a slice of what Hollywood is really like for some.
Now I'm watching Designated Survivor which so far is pretty darn good. And Black Mirror, which is like a reboot of the Twilight Zone.

I am just on series 3 Star Trek (Netflix)- its an oldie but absolute classic - must have watched it many times now but never get bored...as a kid i first watched in the early 70’s with mum and dad...been hooked ever since! Lol....

Altered Carbon - Netflix masterpiece, not to be missed!
Nailed it! - The most hilarious baking show on Netflix!! lol
Stranger Things - Awesome second season also
Really Must recommend these.

Recently seen <Godless> also is a good ride.. :thumbup:
Again another to add to your watch List.

I spend most of my days watching boxsets so Love Netflix

Also from Netflix:
Of Course all the Star Trek, The new Discovery has been very good.
One Punch Man - A must for any Anime fan/Otaku
The Good Place - Comedy really good
The Santa Clarita Diet - Dark Comedy with some very funny oneliners in amongst it.
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Tituss Andromadon is an hilarious character
TerraNova - Netflix are showing this from a few years ago - Liked the premise of it and was a good watch
3% - Distopian drama, with some very good characters
The Long Long Holiday - French Cartoon, but very very good
Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Amazing Anime with alot of blood and gore, very very good story and character development.
The Expanse - Scifi - Slow Burner but worth sticking with.
Cleverman - Very Very Good Aboriginal Mythology, And is you are a fan of Aborginal based Tv Drama - I would highy recommend Redfern Now.
Damnation - Very good

If you are a Fan of Neil Gaiman and his many Graphic Novels etc. I would Recommend American Gods - There is some deviation from the original story -but overall a very well made adaptation - Only wish they had gotten Tori Amos to play Easter, instead of that has been plastic. Was not sure of Ian Mcshane to begin with, but grew on me as it went. Really looking forward to how they depict all the Gods in this.

Adult Cartoons:
Corner Gas - Just started and like it alot
Brickleberry - National Park scenario - Hilarious
BoJAck Horseman - Very Good
F is for Family - This was just great
Bobs Burgers - just so much about this is great and the characters are all special.
King of the Hill - One of the all time greats - Propane Salesman Hank Hill

Legion - for the Xmen fans is just brilliant with all the canon being used.
Falling Water - People who can Dreamwalk - Very Very Very Good
One that has started recently and I am enjoying it alot is - The Terror - Great acting so far
Jamestown - Early Settlers with the Virginia Company in America. Very Good so far, Season 2 just finished.

Back