• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Birstall.co.uk - Plants

GeorgeR

Hi,

Not sure i have posted this in the correct forum?

Just wondered if anybody had used Birstall.co.uk (garden centre) for mail order plants and if so were the plants ok and the service good?

Thanks.

Not used them, but looks like they are selling branded Tropica plants which are very good quality, so as long as they store/pack/deliver them well they should be good.

Hi
used them 5ish years ago and was happy with the quality and service.
Unfortunately havent used them since and cant give any recent feedback
Regards Konsa

I used them couple times and the plants were good quality. They do not stock the plants, when you place an order they order them from Tropica.

I haven't used their mail order, as they are quite near where I live, but I have bought plants from them in person and they have always been good.

Spoke to them yesterday and to reiterate Michal550 they order the plants from Tropica direct as orders are received.

They place their orders on a Monday, plants arrive and are shipped on a Wednesday for delivery on Thursday.

Will give them a go and let you know.

Thanks,
George

Well i ordered the Tropica plants from Birstall last week. They arrived yesterday and were all in good order. They even included instructions for looking after the plants after they have been cold in transit.

They kept me informed throughout the week of the status of my order and i would definitely use them again.

My main reason for choosing them was that many of the other companies that sell plants seem to show half of them as out of stock. At least Birstall are ordering them direct from Tropica so they are "fresh" and everything they have on the website is available, if you are prepared to wait a week.

You should try Aquarium Gardens. Plants always good quality and well packed. The only issue is that when I’ve placed large orders, plants have been missing. I now have to write ‘please double check the order’ in the comments section.

Ever since adding that, whether they do or not, I haven’t had missing plants.

Tropical plants have always been excellent quality, just wish the range was larger.

I use birstall regularly, they're the cheapest in the UK as far as I can tell for Tropica stuff, not on everything I admit, but a lot of it.

Pets at home are doing tropica packaged plants now, they're really rather good and quite a bit cheaper than most places around. I don't normally big up p@h but they are doing great with the new line of tropica stuff.

I went the other day and saw that my local one had completely dismantled their plant tanks in favour of shelves of these. The range was actually quite impressive and some of the plants were substantial in size. 3 for £4.99 mix and match. Everything from crypts, mosses to hair grass. I’m waiting for there next delivery to arrive before I pop in again.

I went the other day and saw that my local one had completely dismantled their plant tanks in favour of shelves of these. The range was actually quite impressive and some of the plants were substantial in size. 3 for £4.99 mix and match. Everything from crypts, mosses to hair grass. I’m waiting for there next delivery to arrive before I pop in again.

FYI, my local PAH's Tropica delivery is on a Thursday.

I was a bit disappointed when I popped into one of the stores with the limited range of plants they had. With all the targeted adverts I see, I was expecting something more like the green machine with multiple planted tanks setup.
I guess if your ordering online it's not a bad thing as means that there ordered straight from tropica rather than shipping plants that are in store for a few weeks.

Back