• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape My EAPLC2017 contribution

H..

Hi folks

I liked to share my latest contribution in aquascaping, and this years EAPLC.

I am really happy with the result of this iwagumi layout. It took me just a litle bit too long time to get it ready for IAPLC. But in good spirit I let it go to the EAPLC.

But with an really big dissapointment I just realized it did not reached the best 64 pices.

Is iwagumi out of fashion?

Cheers, H

IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4599.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4602.JPG
IMG_4608.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG
IMG_4626.JPG

Hello H.. !!! :jimlad:

Incredible quality of carpeting plant :wideyed:

But the only thing I will do, in the last photography you should prun the HC that growing over the rocks, for the judge will be negative I thought :pompus:

Thanks for showing us :D

Thanks Enano for comment. Really apreciate that. Yes this is my so far best and biggest carpet so far 120*50cm, the tank is 40cm high.

And I thought the HC climbing down the scape was something extraordinary.

H.

Did you achieve this with dry start method ?

Hi k3... Yes I started with the drystartmethod. But since the upper level is so high upp, it tended to dry out on the top and the bottom was wet.
So I had to spray it often, and maybe HC do not like "rain", or something, it tend to go bad. So I filled it upp after some days and it went much better.

The scape is still running, but i overdoser micro recently and there has just come up som thread algas. but it seems to be alright as soon I stoped mith micros.

I really like this iwagumi and I am really dissapointed not to gain points in the contest. Maybe I will work on and develope this scape further.
I m looking forward to see the 64 other scapes and to see on what place i ended.

H.

I noticed my tank was on the ukaps facebook and apreciated with many likes. Thank you all, apreciated!

Here is more pics I found in the early construcktion phase.

I used plastic corners to keep the sand from sliding down where the slope was maximized
IMG_0748.JPG

Here is my issue with HC melting, and drying out on the top
IMG_0754.JPG

I found it easier to fill up with water and grow it submerged instead.
IMG_0755.JPG

Hi!
It looks amazing to me! Congratulation!
This is an example of beauty by simplicity. Probable, in different competitions, this kind of beauty is lost in the favor of very complicated scapes.
I don't wonder why some people, sometimes, prefer a large, complicated blooming bush instead a simple bonsai! Here could be the isues.
Cheers,
Silviu

Yep, easily one of the most pristine aquascapes I've seen. Very surprised you didn't place higher.

Hi!
It looks amazing to me! Congratulation!
This is an example of beauty by simplicity. Probable, in different competitions, this kind of beauty is lost in the favor of very complicated scapes.
I don't wonder why some people, sometimes, prefer a large, complicated blooming bush instead a simple bonsai! Here could be the isues.
Cheers,
Silviu

Yes, that can be an good explanation why it didnt make it.

Thanks Silviu, apreciate your complimangs.

H.

Yep, easily one of the most pristine aquascapes I've seen. Very surprised you didn't place higher.

Thanks Henry!

Yes, "less taste more" was an leitmotif when it was scaped. Surprised me too iwagumi is out.

But hey! I am very satisfied on the work and quality of the carpet, today i made an lawn cut so it looks tough, but I have to make an video on it before I make any bigger changes.

Cheers.
H.

Yeah, searching for new inspiration now

Have I mentioned by the way that I do like to work with HC. "Probably the best plant in the world".

Here is one snap from lomgtimeago, on the carpet only. not the whole scape. The tanks health through was fenomenal through the whole scape

Cheers
H

Back