• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60p - Agent Orange AKA 'Roof on Fire'

Shinobi

Hello Ukaps!

After the teardown of my last tank "Reach Out" I finally got around to set up this new one - and to try a different style for now.

Tank and Equipment:

ADA 60p
ADA Solar RGB (with shade)
Atledis suspension kit
DIY ADA-style Wood Cabinet
In- and outflow lily's from Cal Aqua Laps
Co2art Inline Diffuser
Hydor Inline heater
Oxyturbo dual-stage regulator
JBL 901e filter
Grotech Tec1 (auto doser)

Plants and Hardscape:

Elatine hydropiper
Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica'
Riccardia chamedryfolia (will be added at a later point)
Bucephalandra sp. Kedagang
Bucephalandra sp. Deep Purple
Rotala sp. Colorata
Rotala sp. Green
Rotala sp. 'Orange Juice' (hence the title)

ADA Amazonia
ADA Amazonia Powder
ADA Power sand Speciel S
15-20 kg of Frodo Stone sprinkled with a bit of lava rock here and there.

And that's pretty much it! hope you like what you see, if not, I would really like to hear everyone's advices and comments for future improvements.

Best Regards.

P1010324.JPG

P1010326.JPG

Day 1:
P1010327.JPG

P1010328.JPG

P1010329.JPG

P1010330.JPG

P1010331.JPG

Yep it's pretty cramped up in there S:
P1010332.JPG

Looks awesome ... I can imagine that it will look on the money once fully grown in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.
Will make a photo Update next week, But today a week later everything is coming along really nice. The stems are already sprouting like crazy and new submersed growth is both dense and coloring up real nice. I did have a lot of buce melt - again ): this was the case when I first received the plants and put it in my old tank, so these plants really don't like being moved around. The EH is growing nice and slowly and the crypts are adjusting nicely as well.
Because of space limitations I had to put the diffuser on the inlet so exited to see how that works out. So far, the water is crystal clear, drop checker is lime green at around 2 bubbles per second and no "burbs" from the filter so positive experience so far :)
Will start dosing ferts after tomorow.

Tanks almost 2 weeks now. I used a pre-cycled filter so were able to add shrimps to the tank yesterday and they have already done and amazing job. Had been away for a couple of days so came home to quite a lot of diatomes and hair algae. I upped the fert dozing and did some water changes and now things seem to be settling nicely again.
Unfortunately I also see a lot of melting... that goes for both the EH, crypts and buces ): well things seem to be bouncing back slowly so I have faith the plants will be amazing in time.
Rotalas are looking real nice already though, and can't wait to get them trimmed and colored up. Think I'll wait for things to settle before i add the Riccardia.

P1010334.JPG

P1010335.JPG

P1010336.JPG

Rotalas are beginning to take shape. still needs lots of trimming to get the desired height and bushy look I want.
Both the Colorata and "Orange juice" quickly gains color if left untrimmed for a week or so - hard to tell them apart really.
The setup has been running with the Diffuser on the intake this whole time, and so far I'm having crystal clear water all the time and no signs of CO2 deficiencies yet to see the downsides to it.
P1010359.JPG

The tank is looking great but the walpaper behind it is taking away from the beauty in my oppinion. have you thought of putting some kind of background on there?

Btw also nice job with stand, won't have guessed it wasn't shop bought.

Thanks man. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. My family owns a company that produces furniture and interiors, so I had a lot of tools at my disposal - also a professional paintjob didn't hurt either

Short update again, BTW I've started a Instagram page with my own and other Danish aquascapers; please check out AquaticDK on instagram :)
After maintenance and trim:
P1010430.JPG

P1010431.JPG

The slow growing Elatine Hydropiper
P1010427.JPG

Looking great, it really coming along. it will be on the money once the carpet is filled out. :clap:. The water clarity is great, crystal clear from above even without the use of a surface skimmer. :crazy:

Yeah the carpet is really slow, but from the growth I've seen so far Elatine Hydropiper is well worth the wait - it really looks like a miniature Glosso.
The pictures were taken a couple of hours after the maintenance, I still get surfacefilm build up after some days, nothing huge but still distracting. Think I will invest in the Vupla II once it realeases.
Also my LFS is unable to get Riccardia at the moment so I'm waiting for that as well

You can consider getting a glass intake with integrated surface skimmer.

upload_2017-11-12_17-25-21.png

I used one on one of my old scapes worked a treat, you can get them relativity easily and cheaply now, thou when i first used tone they were not that common.

Work so well that i opted to use one on my new scape, thou this time round i am using Stainless steel pipes.

Back