• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crystal Valley

What's your values of no3 , po4 and Fe in this tank ?

Thank you
Hi there AndreiD,

I haven't take the time to measure it but I'm guessing all really close to 0

Here it is just after maintenance and major trim

24120212838_909c9ace72_z.jpg

Generated from my Samsung SM-G950F using tools.rackonly.com

Last edited:
Hi there AndreiD,

I haven't take the time to measure it but I'm guessing all really close to 0

Here it is just after maintenance and major trim

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através de Tapatalk
I believe this was not the answer people was expecting . Close to zero eh eh

This will make our fellow Friends wondering
But that is the goal. Not 20 ppm of this and that...

Until people start to realize this aproaches it will take a lot and also to UNmistify "EI" methods..

Best regards

Enviado do meu SM-A510F através de Tapatalk

I believe this was not the answer people was expecting . Close to zero eh eh

This will make our fellow Friends wondering
But that is the goal. Not 20 ppm of this and that...

Until people start to realize this aproaches it will take a lot and also to UNmistify "EI" methods..

Best regards

Enviado do meu SM-A510F através de Tapatalk
Hi there Paulo,

As I've said in the past and still bealive in it, EI is the best way to grow aquatic plants, but in my opinion is the most troublesome way to do so regarding tank maintenance, and also it dosen't gives much credit for the fish and critters we have un our tanks !!!

I can say that I've tested almost every fert scheme out there, EI, PMDD, PMDD PRO, etc !!! All of them work I'm most positive sure of that, testing this methods gave me quite good understanding how to do my own ferts using dry salts, you can replicate every single one comercial fertilizer out there as long as you got their ppm targets range !!!

So I manage my tanks based on my experience, that's what I share on all my journals and that's also what I advise every single one of you to do, experiment take your own conclusions, what works for me might not work for you for 100 reasons !!!

Best regards !!!

Nuno - in your awesome Crystal Mountain scape you ran a surface skimmer in many of your photos. Do you require one on this scape?

Hi Nuno
So what is your ferts on this tank. No added ferts in the water or just enough ferts for the plants to use in a day?
Also what are your thoughts on the S series light? Is it worth the extra above the E series?

Hi Nuno
So what is your ferts on this tank. No added ferts in the water or just enough ferts for the plants to use in a day?
Also what are your thoughts on the S series light? Is it worth the extra above the E series?

Hi there Dave,

I'm using Step 1 and Brighty K from ADA the real deal not DIY !!!!

The TS S series for a 60P is overkill, but I love it, and yes is worth the extra bang !!! =)

This Skimmer was plugged to a timer and was ON when Lights and CO2 wore OFF !!!!

Thanks for that. I’ve been running my skimmer round the clock; however, my setup has nothing but slow growing plants where I’m not targeting >20+ppm.

Beautiful scape as always.

Thanks Nuno. The scape looks fantastic.
Great scape. The Missus has bought me a TS 600S. Have got to wait till December for the Aquascaper 600 cabinet and tank to come:). The tank is 50cm front to back width so the S should be perfect for this:).

So you are using the skimmer only when co2 and lights are off ?
More to degas the co2 at night ,right ?
Hi there AndreiD,

In this particular layout I only use the skimmer to remove surface film build up, and after trimming it to remove loose plant bits !!!

Best regards

Have got to wait till December for the Aquascaper 600
crazy lead time right now eh? I'm in the same boat but my 900 has arrived and the build quality really is superb.

The tank is 50cm front to back width so the S should be perfect for this
I'm hoping it will be as I'm not getting an answer about coverage from anyone.

Back