• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Err Help! I screwed up (Floaters!)

So I finally put "Slow Roast" together today but for some stupid reason I forgot to tie the wood (whish has been soaking for a month) to the egg crate in the bottom of the tank. What a dumbass right :D :D :D

I need to strip it, tie the wood to the egg crate and replant but I cant do that until next weekend.

Should I keep the tank running with CO2 and a normal light schedule or should i just leave the lights off and just run the heater?

Help Ukaps'ers you're my only hope...

IMG_20171015_172732.jpg

Use some cable ties tie some stones/rock/lead weights to the wood to sink it. After month or two it will sink on its own or need neater stones attaching to it.

In meantime with wood on bottom just CO2 and ferts as normal.

Hi
Just run the set-up as normal....the wood may start to sink by then, it may get bacteria growth on it also!
Floating will make it easier to clean off manually if you wish to do so!
Cheers
hoggie

Thats exactly what i'll Ian, got egg crate in the bottom of the tank, musta thought i'd attached it. Turns out not. Problem is I can't get back to stripping it, anchoring the wood and replanting till next weekend.

Will the plants be ok? Am I best to just leave the lights off and then sort next week? Not an ideal start hahahah

You'll be surprised how fast it sinks, i once had the idea to use a floating piece of wood in the corner and it floated for whole 3 days and than one morning it was on the bottom. Had to find a way to tie it to the glass to keep it up. And that was a non soaked piece dry to the bone Opuwa wood from the lfs.

Back