• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Cylinder

I am in a quandary. I have been trying to write things down all morning but I seem to be confusing things. I will ask one question at a time.

If I go down the Sodastream path the pros are: I already have a spare cylinder. I can walk to Argos and exchange when empty in minutes.

Cons: relevantly expensive and small capacity. Using a 110 litre tank how long would one filling last approx. Adapter can cost up to £30.

The other alternative would be to get a bigger cylinder, more capacity and cheaper I am sure.

I’m a person who uses public transport so looking for delivery. I understand that BOC Gases do a deposit and delivery exchange. Anyone know about this service? I live in Hinckley, Leicestershire. Also any store that do CO2 in this area I would love a face to face chat.

You need to think in terms of efficient and stable dissolution. You'll not be wasting co2 and you'll do your tank a favour by creating a stable environment.

Personally you're going to be better getting 2kg FE setup. Cylinders are had for a tenner and refills from £5.

I run a 150ltr tank and it takes 2 months to empty a cylinder. Sodastream is going to last no time at all.

I'm about to install a JBL inline diffuser and hopefully reduce the gas I use and increase dissolution. My bazooka is great but lots of it simply escapes the surface. Again, stability can fluctuate using in tank diffusers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for your reply. Will cross the Sodastream off, I did not think it would last long. As I said I rely on public transport and I have no idea where I would get a cylinder filled. Home delivery would suit me best. I am not looking at the other components until I have sorted the gas supply out.

I get FE from local fire company that maintains our fire extinguishers at work. I told them what it was for and they let me swap old for out of date ones.

I brought my 2kg FE from eBay delivered and I've had it now for about 6month and still got a ton on of it left. I use mine on a 60litre tank

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

JBL inline diffuser

Just fitted one along with APS filter booster and some Bio Balls. Tank is bubble free. Without the Filter booster JBL was worse than the Up atomiser but I do have a very high BBS rate for 500L tank.

Back