• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plant ideas please

jon nash

ok have ordered lobelia cardinalis dwarf ,cryptocoryne wendtii and marsilla crenata .this is for fluval flex 57 nano tank ,is there any other low light plant I could use ? cheers jon

Hi
Here is a small list of what I have in my low tech tanks.All small hardy plants:
Hygrophila araguaia
Microsorum petite
Bucephalandra species
Anubias petite
Cryptocoryne albida brown
Cryptocoryne costata
Cryptocoryne lutea hobbit
Monte carlo
Different Mosses(including riccardia and fissidens but them two growing very slow)
Regards Konsa

Hi!

Cryptocoryne grow well in low light. Also Bucephalandra, that is more medium.
You may also use Hydrocotyle tripartita (keeping it a time in vertical position, then after on the ground; it's easy to handle this way).
Legenandra meelboldii Red is OK if is not in shadow of other plants. Same with Alternathera Red and Pogostemon Helferi.
All these plant grows well in my small tanks as wel as in 100 litters tank.

But, although all are plant with low to medium light requirements, need a good/complex fertilization.
We should take always into consideration light together with fertilization.
I gues you know already this ...
Good luck!

thank you konsa and silviu man ,Bucephalandra small needles a blue leaf and anubias nana pangolino :) cheers jon

Cryptocoryne, hygrophila, dwarf Valllisneria, Anubis nana thrive in my 60l tank with just one 15w tube. My substrate is clay, vermiculite covered with sand.

Back