• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID's

Nigel95

plant_id.png

plant_id_2.png

That was the Number 3 of IAPLC 2015.. :)
http://www.adana.co.jp/en/contents/iaplc/2015/index.html

There still might be a layout plantlist, somewhere to be found.

Yeah it is my inspiration for a future scape :)

Help me out with a moss in the front that is easy to maintain and is bigger compared to Fissidens fontanus / mini pellia. Java moss or Taiwan I was thinking about. Not sure If to glue it or use yoghurt method with Java / Taiwan.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hi all,
I'm not convinced the plant in the first photo is an aquatic plant. Looking at the plant behind I thought it might be fern, but they look very much like a seedlings of Valeriana officinalis (below),

5275012.jpg

or an umbellifer etc, and I wonder if they germinated from the moss (presumably terrestrial, and collected) during a DSM.

If there is a larger photo somewhere it might give us a bit more idea.

The second plant has feathery leaves in whorls, so it will be a Myriophyllum spp. or Limnophila sessiflora etc.

It looks like if might be four leaves in a whorl, in which case Myriophyllum would be likely, but I'm not sure any-one (other than @Mick.Dk?) could give you a definitive ID.

cheers Darrel

With this (poor) quality of pic. I can't get any closer than you did, Darrel. :(. A plant list should be possible to find, for this scape, somewhere.
Limn. sess. was my first impression, too, but there are quite many different stem-plants with this look.
I thought: "non aquatic" on the other, too..........and must be accidental, in a scape of this standard, I should hope.

Back