• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mangrove Beach (A journey into the unknown!)

Very nice. Cant beat the colour retention of t5s.
You went with the Iquatics unit?

Yep! Love it but will see how the plants get on with it, I think it's going to be a big improvment. I didn't realise how washed out the LED's were making the colours look.

Big fan of suspended lighting also (even if the wife wasn't over the moon when I was drilling the ceiling..)

Watch this space I guess :)

I think this scape/ learning curve is coming to an end, will get some pics at the weekend without equipment

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just a fantastic planted tank. If I understood everything correct, this is your first attempt? If so, I have just one word for you: overwhelming! Two thumbs up from my side!

Thankyou! Yes it is, not my last though. It's now opened my imagination up to hundreds of ideas!!

It's now opened my imagination up to hundreds of ideas!!

I know that feeling. I am currently into my third build, but the first did only last for a few weeks ;) The possibilities are endless and I would like to try them all. Sadly my significant other mislikes a second tank within our tiny flat :D

Well done :)

Did you notice a significant difference after switching out the Zetlight LED for the T5's (missed which unit this is)

I have found the t5's harder to work with. The ZETlights seem to be a safe option, plug them in and away you go. I didn't find them intense enough to cause any issues.

The t5's have taken me a few months to get the balance right, I now run 4 out of the 6 tubes for 6 hours and all 6 for an hour in the middle of the day.

I do not currently have the skill or knowledge to run a stable high light tank. The unit is an Iquatics 6 tube unit

Chris

The 45C is such a fantastic tank (dimension) :)

Though I imagine those Rummynose are plenty :mad: at you over the reduction from 110cm Runway to a mere 45cm Path :lol:

Back