• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up Inline diffusser - large bubbles issue

Shinobi

Hey Guys.

Just recently bought the "new" up inline diffuser. Worked perfectly at first producing a fine mist of bubbles. Now I refilled the Co2 cannister and upon turning it on the diffusser started to spit out much larger bubbles, far from resembling the mist it produced earlier - mind the unit is only about one month old.

I tried to tighten every hose connection without result, turning the CO2 up or down did not make a difference either. So I'm really at a lost as to why the diffusser suddenly decided to misbehave, if anything the refilled canister should have a theoretically higher working presure(?). I'm using a single stage regulator BTW. any suggestions?

Check the unit for cracks, rub a small amount of washing up liquid on the joints and then spray with water, I found higher working pressure caused my unit to crack, they seem to need a fine balance of enough pressure to force the co2 thru the diffuser but to much causes the plastic to crack

Have you tried turning the working pressure down?
Using a duel stage myself and if I turn the working pressure up to high I get larger bubbles too

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Unfortunately I can't regulate the pressure with a single stage?

Check the unit for cracks, rub a small amount of washing up liquid on the joints and then spray with water, I found higher working pressure caused my unit to crack, they seem to need a fine balance of enough pressure to force the co2 thru the diffuser but to much causes the plastic to crack

Will do. I'm just finding it really weird that the issue appeared as soon as I got the canister refilled? /:

Where is the Up inline attached?
I recon...this regulator is about 1.50 bar working pressure!
Being a new Up atomiser it may run for a period then get clogged up...have you tried cleaning it?
I used to run mine at 2.15 bar on the JBL regulator that was just enough to produce the micro bubbles!

Where is the Up inline attached?
I recon...this regulator is about 1.50 bar working pressure!
Being a new Up atomiser it may run for a period then get clogged up...have you tried cleaning it?
I used to run mine at 2.15 bar on the JBL regulator that was just enough to produce the micro bubbles!
I have it on the outline and as mentioned it's pretty new, never the less I cleaned it about 14 days ago when I gave the tubes a cleaning. Weird part is it went from working fine to producing large bubbles the minute I changed the co2 canister

Update:
I solved the problem. Turns out moving the outtake tubing must have caused the joints on the diffuser to loosen and it was necessary to tighten them with a wrench in order to get the diffuser properly sealed again and as a result it's now producing even finer mist than it did out of the package

Back