• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium - SUSSOA

I love this... photo taken right now...

f03e555a673d87dd96e474aa9a3bfa42.jpg

Enviado do meu SM-A510F através de Tapatalk

Some aspects and changes of this aquarium at the moment:

The "BBA" is still present on some rocks.. beauty and full of life enjoying the Spa..Doesn´t spread to plants but still there.
The initial treatment with H2O2 made her kickback a little in the initial days but after it kept at the same point. I also made a mixed solution with some alcool but this just did a whitening on the stone. BBA laughing at me..

But then i haven´t continued the treatment cause i´m not always at home and abort the procedure.

So i put that stone beneith/under the plant refering on the 11th photo and it is there now for more than 3 weeks and BBA resist even down there without any light at all.
So i came to conclude that even when people claim of doing "Blackouts" to eliminate BBA this only confirms that it´s not quite true or so reliable. A "Blackout" may result to almost all algae but BBA is a hell of a lady..

This Algae - If we can call it algae (?) - it´s really quite something to deal with.. is resistivity is really astonishing..

I also took out "Pinattifida" cause it was growing to tall and made a lot of extended runners to the side and doesn´t look to cool in the tank.. Maybe if i had more light it doesn´t grow so tall but i have no experience on this one class of plant.

Following some friendly advices and mainly from my girlfriend i also took out "Quadricostatus" that was in the right front of "Blyxa". And since this baby grow everywhere, crossing stones and launching runners to everyplace this gives me a lot of work everyweek. (See video). Instead i plant a nwe one (didn´t remember the name) but it´s the penultimate photo. It´s growing pretty well and beauty and it will bring a good dense clump.

I also introduce "Hotonia Palustris". cause my girlfriend love the "christmas" effect of it :)

Now.. Rotala Wallichi it´s really a MUST" !!! Right next to "Macrandra". Love the combination! And those tones of Orange/red/pink etc. climbing to the top are really really beautiful. This was a winning bet!

But for this "Wallichi" i used a little trick. I introduce a focus light that describes a maximum 30º angle of 35W (LED) with 500 Lumens and 6500 Kelvins for 6 hours running right over the plant. Some DYI and i put this light focus byside the tank luminaria.
At first I tought i was problably be rewarded with some GSA on the glass in that area but no. All pretty cool witch is a sign that i can even update light power but i do not intend to. No reason to do it.

So "WAllichi" is with an 8 hour photoperiod where 6 of them are with this electric central :) :) otherwise those colours would be difficult to achieve. But something else to say: I did not increase CO2 or ferts or what so ever. No changes in the tank.
So when people claim that this plant needs loads and loads of CO2 is something to think about twice if that is really needed.

Even nitrates are still the same as for months now in 5 to 10 PPM.

So here it is a little update and i hereby i sent to all people a pleasant and happy easter weekend extended to all families.

Salut!

Last edited:
Good Night,

I decided to try a new difuser brand in the market so here i post a short video, for you to watch the perfomance of the article.

In comparison to the price of a "DOAqua" or an "ADA" or even others i believe this 10 euro difuser is really something.

I´m honestly surrender to the perfomarnce of the device.
I didn´t change a thing on the CO2 level injection and in accordance to the Drop Checker i achieved the same level as for the ADA Beetle i have.
I was very ceptical at the beggining but for now i rest my case.. for 10 euros you can´t demand much better than this. What a truly surprise this was.

Best regards

97f878235f0c4d5a0350a86f6c20c891.jpg
Hello mr Paulo,
can you give me an update for the diffuser.
Is it still working good, any thoughts about the perfomance?

best regards, Cor

Hello mr Paulo,
can you give me an update for the diffuser.
Is it still working good, any thoughts about the perfomance?

best regards, Cor

Good evening,

Yes i´m still using it and my ADA Beetle is on archive ;)

To clean this difuser is quite simple. Fill a glass with water and bleach 50/50 and put on the glass upside down and RUNNING!
Do not turn off the Co2. Just put in the glass running about 10 minutes.

After and still running wash it and put it back on the tank.

Very very easy! ;)

Reactions: Cor
By the way..
Do you remember i did have a Stone with BBA?
Well i simple throw the Stone away.
But 15 Days ago when i trim my Wallichi i notice that she have some BBA in the bottom. In that Day i thought.. "let it be.. "
Next time i trim i do it Hard and cut it also..
Now regard the next
Photo.
After almost 15 days of 10 hour photo period the BBA starts to dye by itself..
It seems like gray dust dissolving just like cigar ashes..
I haven't done any change but enlarge photo period.
This was quite a surprise. Who would thought? (...)

This is for taking consideration.

Take a good look.
17100b82265b037dbc9a07c2c78b00de.jpg

This is my tank doing "PEARLING".
Sorry for the shorter vídeo but when i started to film the lighting in my City went off... only in Portugal .

Latest news in portuguese language.
Very sorry but i believe you'll find it reasonable.
As someone saíd.. a image is worth a thousand words.

Hope you enjoy

Thank you for this advice, will use it
23mkhth.jpg

Sorry for one thing.

Put the difuser inside a cup in it´s normal position and not upside down.. where do i have my head when i wrote that??? Oh my god..

Sorry for one thing.

Put the difuser inside a cup in it´s normal position and not upside down.. where do i have my head when i wrote that??? Oh my god..
Oké, will do.
And what do you think about the quality so far. Still nice small bubbles?

As Bryan Adams quote in his álbum.. "so far so good" !!

Thanks Nigel.

It's been a Journey of Learning.

Back