• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Grey - aquascaper 600 - Its Here - Pix

Creeping Jenny(Cardamine Lyrata) Arrived yesterday @ Rockpool, so have planted it into the moss Island. Went for Tropica pots as the quality looked really good, and very pleased with them, Can't wait for it to start flowering along with all the Hydrocotyle species.
Also have been eyeing a Lovely Anubias Nana Pinto pot, so decided to buy that aswell. And have added it to shady hollow underneath the moss island.
Also on the Moss Island The Monte Carlo is about to break the surface of the water, will be interesting to see how this changes once it is emergent.
Also bought loads of redmoor. To scape up with plants above the water line. Going to cover the parts in the water with moss and more marginal friendly plants and maybe a few orchids etc, depends on what i like at the garden centre in Hilltop.

Also decided on what to replace the Rainbows with, Going to go for Pearl Gouramies, I love these fish and the mature fish are stunning. Rockpool have had them a few weeks and they are feeding well.

It Is so Bad on my Wallet now That is takes me 2 minutes to walk to Rockpool Aquatics from my House. I am in there every other day, to see what they have, and what they are getting in the next week. And it helps that they can get most any fish or plants i want. So I am Spoilt for Choice
Oh and they have ordered a selection of Liquorice Gouramis - Must resist them, as not sure they will get along with the Scarlet Badis hareeem I already have.

Well I like a full tank. And have moved on the rainbows this afternoon.

Upgraded the Chihiro to the Double Unit, and My God It Looks Nice. And really spreads the light out very nicely. And get to the parts of the tank where i wanted more light to penetrate.
Also been thinking of increasing the filtration capacity for this tank, was going to build a trickle tower using planters. Then remembered PondGuru posted about a new tower he was trialling. So ordered one of them for myself. Looking forward to customising the chambers for what i want it to filter out. I have gone for this model with 9 baskets to fill. And it will sit nicely along the back of the tank. Will be Hidden using wood and lots of Trailing plants planted into the top basket, on top of the floss.
Middle trays will be using ceramic rings, and the bottom tray will be scrubber pads from the range.

s-l1600.jpg

Loving this tank. Ludwigia Rubin just gets better every day and is growing so fast emergent. Now horizontally across the surface and up against the tower. Sadly the double unit has failed. Keeps tripping the electrics, tried it in multiple outlets. Waiting for a reply from hinterfeld.
Cherry shrimp are showing more saddle fungus, so reading up on that. Really thought it was under control.
Fish wise doing great, all settled in well and feeding nicely. Have seen marked improvements in fish health since feeding pollen. So will continue using that.
Have added dried krill for the plecs etc.
The island is looking great now, completely covered in HC.
Creeping Jenny looks great and nice red bronze tint to it.
Hydrocotyle looks good in the tower and is growing well.
All the Rams are stunning and found some electric blue short body. So just had to have them.
The standard Rams are going from strength to strength. One female in particular is almost entirely a lavender color and looks stunning. The golds though are something else and so happy to have found them.
Will take some new pix once lighting issue is sorted. Will grab something as a temp measure in the morning.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
got a few more plants this morning, decided to try something with a more subtle pink hue to it - Lagenandra Meeboldil Red

A pic from tonight with temp lighting showing how much the ludwigia is growing out of the tank
2be18ac0731c67a14b089a878d078cea.jpg
4b451fe0d9d961f602a6f360a8e1fcd0.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back