• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Lighting solution for 90x45x45?

Robbie X

Look at the Chihiros A901 on hinterfield website in the sponsers list.
No personal experience with these but others seem to have good results with them, the price is good and they come with a inline dimmer.

Look at the Chihiros A901 on hinterfield website in the sponsers list.
No personal experience with these but others seem to have good results with them, the price is good and they come with a inline dimmer.
Looks good, plus a dimmer at that price! I am trying to find out when the RGB version is due as well.

Grobeams : Aquaray does have a rail system, which can be suspended or on the tank, check their website :

http://aquaraylighting.co.uk/

However, it is not a must, my Grobeams 600 are just over my tank which have a central frame. You would probably need 4 Grobeams 600 for 90 X 45 X 45 tank, 2 would give low light.

Michel.

Grobeams : Aquaray does have a rail system, which can be suspended or on the tank, check their website :

http://aquaraylighting.co.uk/

However, it is not a must, my Grobeams 600 are just over my tank which have a central frame. You would probably need 4 Grobeams 600 for 90 X 45 X 45 tank, 2 would give low light.

Michel.
Cheers Michel. So the Chihiros won't be up to the job then? If I have to go with 4 of the TMC Grobeams, maybe I should look at 2x TMC Ultima 1500 Natural daylight Tile?
I think 2 of these on a hanging bracket would look quite nice.
https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tm...12_327&zenid=95c536175ffdfd0c2b694f8bca2bdef3

Two chihiros will be enough for almost anything. I'll put an excellent example in a bit.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

The problem with the chihiros A series is that they are too powerful and I can't stop increasing brightness using the dimmer.

You could try out the Fluval Aqualife and Plant 2.0? If the chihiros A series is too powerful, the Fluval LED can also be bought with a full hang on kit which attaches to the back of the tank. I have one over a 90cm tank also and it is perfect.

Cheers Michel. So the Chihiros won't be up to the job then? If I have to go with 4 of the TMC Grobeams, maybe I should look at 2x TMC Ultima 1500 Natural daylight Tile?
I think 2 of these on a hanging bracket would look quite nice.
https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tm...12_327&zenid=95c536175ffdfd0c2b694f8bca2bdef3

2 TMC Grobeam 1500 or 4 Grobeam 600.

I do not know the Chihiros, hence no opinion on them. I like the TMC because of the 5 years warranty, the IP67 standard which gives some water resistance (but they cannot be used underwater).

Michel.

2 TMC Grobeam 1500 or 4 Grobeam 600.

I do not know the Chihiros, hence no opinion on them. I like the TMC because of the 5 years warranty, the IP67 standard which gives some water resistance (but they cannot be used underwater).

Michel.
I am leaning more and more towards the TMC tiles. Have been reading up on them, color rendition seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Plus as you mention, the 5-year warranty is nothing to be sniffed at. Also, I very much like how they look paired in a hanging bracket.
Have been looking at the "TMC Aquaray 2 Channel Lighting Controller" (£65 each), I believe I can only control one tile per controller? So it would be either 2 of these or the "TMC AquaRay 8 Channel Controller (£220).
The 8 channel controller does have a lot more features, but at £220 is too rich for my taste.
TMC also do an inline dimmer switch "TMC AquaBar Dimmer Switch" at £15 each. Does anyone know if these work with TMC 1500 tiles?
Are there any other controllers I could look at for 2 TMC 1500 tiles from other companies?
Cheers

Yes you would need a controller for each 1500 tile, It all depends on your buget, How much you want to spend i suppose.
For around the same price range as the TMCs you could get a pair of kessil A160 tuna suns. These would work good and look well cool on goosenecks or Kessil mounting arms.
Not 100% sure but i dont think the aquabar dimmer will work with the tiles.

I am using my Grobeams 600 without any controller, but my tank is tall. It's not the same situation.

One way to control intensity without controller is to suspend them and play with the height to the tank.

Michel.

Yes you would need a controller for each 1500 tile, It all depends on your buget, How much you want to spend i suppose.
For around the same price range as the TMCs you could get a pair of kessil A160 tuna suns. These would work good and look well cool on goosenecks or Kessil mounting arms.
Not 100% sure but i dont think the aquabar dimmer will work with the tiles.
Had a look at the Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun lamps. They are gorgeous but at £230 per lamp plus £30 each for the Gooseneck lamp stands I would be looking at £520. Very tempting though lol

Had a look at the Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun lamps. They are gorgeous but at £230 per lamp plus £30 each for the Gooseneck lamp stands I would be looking at £520. Very tempting though lol
Give Charterhouse aquatics a ring for a price on a pair with goosenecks,You may be surprised.

I am using my Grobeams 600 without any controller, but my tank is tall. It's not the same situation.

One way to control intensity without controller is to suspend them and play with the height to the tank.

Michel.
This is what I am thinking of doing. The tank will be against the wall and won't line up with the ceiling beams either. Will need some sort of hanging bracket.
Or, I could go with on tank rail solution like the TMC AquaRay Rim Mounting Brackets and some TMC aquaray mms rail https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tm...12_206&zenid=b6424f753ecc97400edc119d39045cdd
Or, The TMC Mountray tank brackets and some TMC rails. But of course, I will lose the flexibility you gain when using a hanging system. :(

Back