• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Envy Nature

BBogdan

Hi ,

I'm happy to present my new project entitled " Envy Nature " !

I want to thank especially those from Nevertebrate.ro without which this project would not exist and of course the support of the Dennerle Eastern Region represented by Alex Veres. :)

Tank: L120xl45xH45 cm , 243 liters, Optiwhite Glass

Filtration: 2 X Eheim Experience 350 , will be filled with Seachem Matrix

Light: 2 X Dennerle Trocal LED 120cm/66W with Trocal LED Control

Substrate:
Dennerle Scapers Soil cu Dennerle FB1 Substrate Start , Dennerle Plantahunter Rio Xingu

Hardscape: Grey Mountain Rock , Reed Moor Black

Plants: Juncus repens In-Vitro, Eleocharis pusilla Mini In-Vitro , Bucephalandra spec Wavy Leaf, Bucephalandra Broad Wavy, Bucephalandra spec. Mini Needle Leaf, Cryptocoryne lutea Hobbit In-Vitro, Anubias Barteri nana Bonsai, Anubias nana Pangolino, Anubias nana Pinto, Microsorum pteropus Petite, Microsorum pteropus Trident, Bolbitis heudelotii, Ranunculus inundatus In-Vitro, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Rotala indica In-Vitro, Rotala sp Green, Rotala Wallichii In-Vitro, Moss Vesicularia Christmas montagnei In-Vitro , Crepidomanes malabaricum , Riccardia chamedryfolia Coral Moss

Fertilization: Dennerle Scapers Green , Dennerle NPK-Booster, Dennerle Carbo Booster, Dennerle PlantaGold 7 , Dennerle E15 FerActiv
Conditioner: Dennerle Aquarium Starter Rapid , Dennerle Clear Water Elixier, Dennerle BactoClean Bio

CO2:
pressurized , 6kg CO2 Cylinder , regulator + solenoid valve , for Co2 diffusion I use temporarily a 3 in 1 Tropica diffuser wich is probably going to be replaced with a Aquatic Nature diffuser

Others : Twinstar Nano +

Here are some pictures during the hardscape construction which was broadcasted using facebook live stream:
32694985051_4ee22737a6_n.jpg
32816306135_061265c13e_n.jpg
32816305555_14676c5029_n.jpg
32816305845_c5053c4ccd_n.jpg
32662942622_974ef8a36c_n.jpg
32002130423_01e033abe7_n.jpg
32693171421_76f96dfc9d_n.jpg
32816304035_0f999373dc_n.jpg
32662942202_dcb19ce8ac_n.jpg
32775636626_a9420b35c7_n.jpg
32775635596_720d6c50c7_n.jpg
32693168361_e9cb8d123b_n.jpg
32002128883_ea3857703a_n.jpg
32693169581_fee50ffe66_n.jpg
32775634886_19f6887a19_n.jpg

The hardscape is done:
32693170571_44a5338c62.jpg
32694471511_5f458d530d.jpg

I made a few small adjustments regarding the hardscape (I fixed better the wood and cut two branches that were extra ).
So the tank after the first week planting looks like this:
32693706251_bcbef073d2_z.jpg

The plants began to grow well, evidence that the soil provides necessary nutrients.
Of course water is still not 100% clear, cycling of the tank is still in progress.

About the livestock, I made a list of species that will "live" in this setup but I don't want to divulge yet their names because the list is not "chiseled in stone". The only species that are sure is Amano Shrimp.

I hope you enjoy my project , please if you have questions or suggestions express them freely!

I definitely missed some details but I will come back regularly with impressions about the evolution of this layout.
I will keep you up to date!

P.S. Thanks Catalin Gagiu for pictures.

Last edited:
Look really great! Love the hardscape... Good job.

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 2 pomocí Tapatalk

I actually think this scape would look even better if those pieces of wood that are sticking up and out were to be snapped off - and used at the base of the scape as more like "roots" and details. Also on the left bottom side those 2 branch pieces are a little awkwardly sticking out as well. I would snap those too and use it for detailing!

I actually think this scape would look even better if those pieces of wood that are sticking up and out were to be snapped off - and used at the base of the scape as more like "roots" and details. Also on the left bottom side those 2 branch pieces are a little awkwardly sticking out as well. I would snap those too and use it for detailing!

Really good observation ! , I will try to snap off some of those pieces of wood that are sticking up or at least short some of them. (it was in my mind too but I wanted to wait until the wood is soak with water).
I have also some wood left that I put it to soak in another tank just to use them for detailing later. :)

Hi ,
I want to make a small update of this tank.
It's been 2 months since I started this project , in the meanwhile the plants grew pretty well (Eleocharis pusilla mini I had too trimm couple of times , also the moss ).I used mainly slow growing plants because I see it only two times per week to do maintenance ( water change , trimm plants , and other stuff) .
I have some small algae problems but nothing that I can't handle. :)

A couple of Otocinclus Affinis were introduced to help me keep algae under control and some red nose shrimp (also some Amano shrimp will be introduced asap). I think Hasemania nana brings a good touch to this layout also I want to put some Green Fire Tetra (Aphyocharax rathbuni) in the near future.

So , what do you think about the setup evolution after two months? Any suggestions ?

The photo was taken on 01.04.2017 after water change:
33760107686_c76cd4f844_c.jpg

Hi,
the tank matures nicely ; it will look even better when the moss will be fully grown; maybe you could add some more dark green moss or Microsorum trident to give this layout that old forest look I think you're after

Hi,
the tank matures nicely ; it will look even better when the moss will be fully grown; maybe you could add some more dark green moss or Microsorum trident to give this layout that old forest look I think you're after

Yeah , I definitely want to give it an older look but I'm not sure yet what type of plants to use.Thanks for the tips ! ;)

That's an awesome scape, wish I could do something like that.
What kind of hot glue did you use, is it a special one?

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

That's an awesome scape, wish I could do something like that.
What kind of hot glue did you use, is it a special one?

Enviado do meu HUAWEI GRA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Thanks ! , you can do pretty easy something like this , just make sure you have first all the materials you need. ( you can gather them in time)
Mnah , is not a special glue . I had only a hot silicone glue gun at that time. I don't recommend using something like this to glue the hardscape because it doesn't last too much and you'll be crying for help when your hardscape is starting to fall. I was lucky to fix the stones well , but some of pieces of wood were unglued.

Hi everybody,
Long time no see.

I want to give you a short update about this project. All things are going pretty smooth, plants are growing well !
I've managed to get rid of my little algae problem by using Carbo Booster and really good maintenance , also I've introduced some Amano Shrimp hoping they will keep things a little bit under control.

So here's a photo taken on 27.05.2017 , hope you like it:
34975381846_b47c64d0e1_c.jpg

Back