• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers paraquay and mort. He is eating as well. Which is a good start. I wanted to keep him in the qt. For another month. But it aint mature enough yet. With him in there. The parameters where of the scale. I do 10% water changes as it is every 2xdays. With him in there it was 40%. Because he eats like a horse. So back in the pond with him. The temps where to big a jump for my grow on fish with that amount of cold water going in. So i will just watch him now. And if anything looks not right. Back in the qt. He will go.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fred,

This is an epic thread thanks for putting it up. No plans for Koi or ponds here but found the details of how you did it riveting. Hope the new puppy's settled in too

All the best
Thanks alot mate for the kind words. Its been a pleasure. Glad you have enjoyed the read. I was going to split it up. I.E pond build. Garden summer house. Then Quarentine grow on. But decided to keep it all in one. That way you see it develope. As you read on.
Glad you found the thread rivetting. So long as people learn something of it. Then it s worth it.
Like take the treating of the fish. I am learning this as i go along. Saved four now lost two.since i have learned a few things. Most the time its acting quick enough. Now i have quartentine things in place i can act faster. All the best mate. Fred

Fred,

This is an epic thread thanks for putting it up. No plans for Koi or ponds here but found the details of how you did it riveting. Hope the new puppy's settled in too

All the best
Sorry missed this bit out. Patch the pup is coming along great now. Been allowed out now for about a week. Bit jumpy when loud automobile s go by. But getting there

Heres some photos of the fish. For you fish lovers
a0780b2ad1282b83d9df4ade2237ca26.jpg
488df100a0bf72d56647bb9962affa37.jpg
e83cdefd0645840c6ceee57931327d6d.jpg
f29dc4fd463e9e7c2fbb43084ee842e8.jpg
bdf5efb4262b906b3dca0a7e9fcaeb78.jpg

Cheers ian hope your well. Fish are all eating well now. And looking fine up to now. This is worst time for them right now. After winter.
Take care fred

Hi Fred, it will be interesting to see if you get any blanket weed issues during the pond first full summer.
Hopefully not, but your water looks so clear you might if you we get a lot of bright sun this year.
Cheers foxfish. Last year my pond started end of may. And i half dosed with cloverleaf blanket answer. And i did it for this year. 3 days ago. Most of the koi boys do this every year now. So that kills it before it starts. I also have 55watt uv on bottom drain and a 33 watt uv on skimmer line. Have to change bulbs yet though. So there is plenty of uv covarage. If it does start growing. I have enough for two more doses. So hopefully should be ok. How you keeping ok i hope. Saying that i have heard they have weakened it this year. So might have to put another half dose in. My QT tank come growon is doing fine. Drop the temps to same as pond yesterday to bring that showa and chagoi you can see in photos. I wanted them eating for a month while temps where down in pond. Also to help speed the bio on in the QT filters. Because they eat like piranhas. Haha. Worked a treat. Got the ammonia going . Then nitrite spike. Then produced nitrate. Just kept doing 10 % water changes every day. I was thinking of peeing in it myself.haha. seriously i have a mate who swears by this meathod to speed his filters on to maturing. Mine would end up drunk. Haha all the best fred

I like the patina on the walls.. :) Didn't expect that on that fiberglass.. But looks realy natural.. Also already see moss develop in the briks.. Did you ever look the moss yogurt trick up? People do the craziest things with it, paint moss grafiti's etc. on brick walls.. Anyhow it makes moss grow like mad..

Looking good Fred. I see the gnomes are enjoying the fish as well.

How's patch getting on?
Yeah mort i am chuffed with the start of the season. Patch is doing great. Up to now fish are well. Best fred

I like the patina on the walls.. :) Didn't expect that on that fiberglass.. But looks realy natural.. Also already see moss develop in the briks.. Did you ever look the moss yogurt trick up? People do the craziest things with it, paint moss grafiti's etc. on brick walls.. Anyhow it makes moss grow like mad..
If i had a yoghurt in my hands Marcel. It is going down my neck.
Haha intresting to know though. Your bath tub project is good bud

How s it going nelson you ok mate. Zozo. Is ok i talked to him the other day.

Hey fred those Gunnera are great!
I think they produce the largest leaves of any plant!
I have a few customers with absolutely huge specimens in their garden, they might not grow so big where you live though?
I used to have one in my own garden, over about 20 years it grew so large I had to get a digger in to remove it.
In the winter the leaves die away but they have an amazing root stock that looks like a pile of old bird nest.

Hey fred those Gunnera are great!
I think they produce the largest leaves of any plant!
I have a few customers with absolutely huge specimens in their garden, they might not grow so big where you live though?
I used to have one in my own garden, over about 20 years it grew so large I had to get a digger in to remove it.
In the winter the leaves die away but they have an amazing root stock that looks like a pile of old bird nest.
Cheers foxfish. I needed a plant that looks as though there is something in there. To give it an affect. On the eye. The different plants in there are all below the wall. In time they will grow above. But with them. Already above. Love um.
Ian m cheers mate. All the best foxfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back