• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

You know nothing (Gareth Rogers) ada 60 (h)45

Absolutely loving this scape now its matured into its tank - so inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
I have the same cabinet and have been looking everywhere for a 600x450x450mm (or x300mm height) tank with clear silicone joints and low iron glass, such as your beautiful ADA 60 (h)45 or an alternative like the Do!Aqua tanks - please tell me how you got hold of yours?!
I'm so desperate to spend my cash on one of these ADA beauties, pestering shops but no one will take it, haha!

Absolutely loving this scape now its matured into its tank - so inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
I have the same cabinet and have been looking everywhere for a 600x450x450mm (or x300mm height) tank with clear silicone joints and low iron glass, such as your beautiful ADA 60 (h)45 or an alternative like the Do!Aqua tanks - please tell me how you got hold of yours?!
I'm so desperate to spend my cash on one of these ADA beauties, pestering shops but no one will take it, haha!

There is a matching TMC Signature 600 for the stand, comes in tank only, 450 or 300 high, choice of black or clear silicone. Unless you really want that ADA sticker? :)

Also, awesome tank Gareth =D

Hiya dav1d thanks for the comments ;) I went opposite way round got the tank first and then had get a cabinet I bought mine from (tgm) when they had a sale on a while ago it ended up being cheaper than the TMC equivalent I do love the tank and silicone work is best I have seen , but if I was doing it all over in what's avaliable today I would definitely be looking at ea aquascaper range the deeper tank and lower height is much more appealing and a lot easier to create a sense of scale. One thing I found it was quite hard creating the height and depth in this size aquarium. Hope that helps :thumbup:

Very happy today after seeing these fish a while ago, I finally purchased x3 today! after having a real affection for the standard variety which I adore there playfulness and not forgetting what a vital part to my clean up crew they are , I introduce (zebra ottocinculius) excuse the pictures there not the greatest will take some better ones soon
20170326_160138.jpg
20170326_170131.jpg

Totally jealous of this...awesome looking fishes, can't find them yet. Congrats! :)

Are they more sensitive that the normal ones?

Totally jealous of this...awesome looking fishes, can't find them yet. Congrats! :)

Are they more sensitive that the normal ones?
Thanks my local fish shop had these come in a few weeks ago and i kept my eye on them each week and each time they looked in great condition! And always busy ! I did not want to add them to early , they do appear larger than my standard ottos! I think ottos in general are a sensitive fish from what I have learned in the past but I am happy with conditions in my tank and no future tinkering just let the tank mature now so hopefully they well settle in well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WabI kusa update!! As this was just a experiment with left over plants there coming along nicely but one thing I learned don't use Moss unless u can stand there 24/7 spraying it :eek:
20170329_113303.jpg
20170329_113205.jpg

Hi Gareth,

Great scape :)
Which sponsor did you buy the stainless diffuser from?

Hi Gareth,

Great scape :)
Which sponsor did you buy the stainless diffuser from?
Thanks luke here is a link to the diffuser
https://www.aquasabi.com/brand/aquasabi/aquasabi-co2-diffusor-stainless-steel-pollen-25

Have to say can not recommended this diffuser enough diffusion rate is great lots of tiny bubbles also steel stays clean ,ceramic disc just unscrews when it needs a clean aquasabi also sells replacement discs so I just swap them over while ones soaking .

You know something Gareth
Fantastic tank.
thanks but still learning like us all :bookworm: one thing i need to learn is how to stop my harlequins from jumping out the tank had 2 jump to there death and another 2 jump but luckily i was in the room and saved them ! i have lowered my water line slightly more and there is glass panels covering 90% but they still find a way out

hi all i am after a bit of advice i am having a issue with my Limnophilla sesslilfoora all had been fine with up until the last week or so new growth is fine but the older part of the plant is turning brown nearer the bottom i will follow this with pictures the only changes i have made apart from adding fish is slowly increases to the lighting intensity and length which is now at 7 hours a day ramping up to 70% and back down having a 4 hour period at max in the middle , i have also noticed a similar issue with the monte carlo new growth is lush but old is browning

hi all i am after a bit of advice i am having a issue with my Limnophilla sesslilfoora all had been fine with up until the last week or so new growth is fine but the older part of the plant is turning brown nearer the bottom i will follow this with pictures the only changes i have made apart from adding fish is slowly increases to the lighting intensity and length which is now at 7 hours a day ramping up to 70% and back down having a 4 hour period at max in the middle , i have also noticed a similar issue with the monte carlo new growth is lush but old is browning
d0afa891e766be9b7a2973aa3c59cb7d.jpg
e4eb0436ca2d55a6d86702ebe4e6e8c2.jpg
26260469384e33837a8957085908b664.jpg
7750f1c7f83b59803d0e898c55361061.jpg
03d6fa276d38bea5308955c5cf6762b3.jpg
71b05322504be3eaf549f8037be6c17b.jpg

Whats your EI mix,Dosing routine?
Hi Dave I use aquarium plant foods starter kit as shown in attaced picture I have used this from day one I dose on selected days at about 7 30 am each day . I base dose on 100 litres as hardscspe takes up the rest of capacity the only thing what's changed is the amount water changes from daily to now once per week 50% . I also use seachem flourish excel and follow there guideline.
8aaebfdc4e5fc2bd0d7ee2f63db5e421.jpg

Used to use APFUK myself, Some consider it abit lean along side other EI.
Its a little tricky because as you say your new growth looks ok.
Less water changes=less nutrients added from your tap water(if your tap water is like mine it will be loaded)
Icreased light levels,increased growth rate=Increased nutrient demand.
I would suggest up your doses to 30ml see if this helps.
Judging by your plants pearling your co2 is on point.

Used to use APFUK myself, Some consider it abit lean along side other EI.
Its a little tricky because as you say your new growth looks ok.
Less water changes=less nutrients added from your tap water(if your tap water is like mine it will be loaded)
Icreased light levels,increased growth rate=Increased nutrient demand.
I would suggest up your doses to 30ml see if this helps.
Judging by your plants pearling your co2 is on point.
Thanks for feedback you proberly spot on regarding water changes and loss of nutrients I was considering this myself and upping dose or adding root tabs in affected areas ! It does make sense as 3 to 4 weeks ago I was still doing 3 water changes a week and plants all seemed happy ! I am due main filter clean this weekend also which may help flow of co2 through the tank I had noticed the lower plants not been pearling as much this last week had my drop checker down at low level this week , all appears fine nice lime green but still not 100 % convinced some areas may still be missing out .

Sorry all been along time with no updates but hope you will like how things have matured first I will start with my trial want kusa which as a experiment have done really well the grass has gone crazy and keep getting flowers from the repens this experiment had defiantly gave me some some inspiration for future projects but one thing I have learned moss is a no no just could not keep it moist enough which I have removed . Hope you all like ! There will be pictures and a update on my tank shortly .
201f02c2d2172481a82518631c6533cf.jpg
ead3def09834d3aff71e665ab7974009.jpg
a837d1daded2b9f835deef93ec1d3d9f.jpg
77ed68ac43d252501fac961cf5d5850b.jpg
ed576dee84816266b6e048ca4c86b12c.jpg
6a4a4026afe79719076b85563d136888.jpg
9806ba8b07dc61e81affe211a9070d0a.jpg

Back