• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jewel vision internal pump

Halley

Hi my jewel internal pump went a few weeks back. I need a new one for my jewel vision 180 - can anyone recommend someone on eBay or elsewhere to order from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recommend a replacement or suggestions for an external?
I'm currently using an external combined with the internal pump. Using a Fluval 206 but if you have room a 306 would be good to pimp out extra flow.
You can get replacement parts up on amazon and I believe you can go up to the bioflow 1000.

Hiyah Halley,

I don't know if you're using the standard 650? lph pump but the pump on my trigon went after a decade so upgraded to the bigger pump 1000 lph and all I can say is the difference is night and day. As for where I spent a couple of nights perusing the usual internet sites til I came up with the cheapest. Was a routine name retailer at the time not ebay sorry not sure if we can put up names - hint - but if you hit your hand with a hammer the inflammation can be called something else :)

After I put the 1000lph pump in my Vision 180 it was so powerful it soon "squashed" the filter foams, made increased noise and wore the impellor shaft (stainless) very quickly. So moved back to standard 600 lph power heads that years later is still going.

Hiyah Halley,

I don't know if you're using the standard 650? lph pump but the pump on my trigon went after a decade so upgraded to the bigger pump 1000 lph and all I can say is the difference is night and day. As for where I spent a couple of nights perusing the usual internet sites til I came up with the cheapest. Was a routine name retailer at the time not ebay sorry not sure if we can put up names - hint - but if you hit your hand with a hammer the inflammation can be called something else :)

Thanks I had a 600lph and might try a 1000lph. Also, I can't work out your hint for the shop - can you give another hint?

After I put the 1000lph pump in my Vision 180 it was so powerful it soon "squashed" the filter foams, made increased noise and wore the impellor shaft (stainless) very quickly. So moved back to standard 600 lph power heads that years later is still going.

Yes you could have a point

Recommend a replacement or suggestions for an external?
I'm currently using an external combined with the internal pump. Using a Fluval 206 but if you have room a 306 would be good to pimp out extra flow.
You can get replacement parts up on amazon and I believe you can go up to the bioflow 1000.

To recommend a shop to get a replacement

Alright folks,

Ian I had to upgrade the whole unit since the way it was draped over the tank caused the wires to wear, apart from that the pump was still going strong.

It does cause a bit of a whoosh but I think it works to the advantage in the oddly shaped tank. My Gourami who's not supposed to like strong current seems to enjoy a "slide" across the tank to announce his awesomeness to whoever will listen :) but it's worth considering.

As for where? s well the anwers before yeah :)

Alright folks,

Ian I had to upgrade the whole unit since the way it was draped over the tank caused the wires to wear, apart from that the pump was still going strong.

It does cause a bit of a whoosh but I think it works to the advantage in the oddly shaped tank. My Gourami who's not supposed to like strong current seems to enjoy a "slide" across the tank to announce his awesomeness to whoever will listen :) but it's worth considering.

As for where? s well the anwers before yeah :)

I'm lost!

Will a Juwel Eccoflow pump fit in the bioflow casing? I.e. If I buy an eccoflow pump can I use it in my bioflow system?

I think, can't remember as it was years and years ago I bought my replacement 600, I think you take the Ecco fitting off the supplied pump, attach the circular bit to the Bioflow adapter, then attach the whole lot to the pump. So basically the pump works with both old Bioflow and new Eccoflow filters.

I used a fluval power head in mine which was much cheaper including the adapter

How did you make it fit to the Juwel system?

I used a fluval power head in mine which was much cheaper including the adapter

That's an interesting story! Would love to hear more

Back