• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody have experience with Chihiros RGB sereis !!

I've recieved the RGB light so here's a little review.

Assembly is easy, although there is no description included. At assembly I've noticed that he acrylic brackets are to big for the glas of my tank (5mm). So I can't tighten them.
Need longer screws or I have to fill it up with something to make it stable enough...

The rgb-unit itself is holding his place by 4 adjustable metal houlders. To be sure that the rgb-unit won't move I've conected 4 small rubbers. So the unit will stay in place. :thumbup:
s25qg2.jpg

So time for light testing;
The package came with a standard manual controller for the light levels and I've ordered also an remote controller separately.

On the all the websites I could find, there is mentiond that the remote controller has 7 different level brightness. But this remote controller has 8 different levels!
And I found out that the only the wired dimmer has 7 different levels...

Next thing is measuring the lux values in various places at the bottom But something I've noticed: The remote controller gives a flickering light at level 1 to 5. There is no constant lux!
I found out beqause I've used a LUX tester. At the naked eye you won't see any disdurbance, but the lux meter showed flickering and there's no constant lux. On level 6 7 and 8 the light is constant.

I've read several complains about the controllers from chihoros lights. In most of the cases the new replacement is working fine. So I've contacted the retailer for an replacement. And he will send me one asap.
I've did the same testing with the wired dimmer, and there is no flickering and all the 7 levels are in constant lux. So this is good.

There is no reliable info about the lumens or par readings for the lights.
Some retailers mentioned the 30cm RGB for about 1000 lumens, and some other retailers speaks about 3750 lumens...
fx8cxk.jpg

It's difficult to find information about such thing as Lumen.
And PAR messurments? Please feel free to post them in your comments. Still not found them. If the rgb is any good for growht?
Don't know yet.
2a4u6hg.jpg
Time will tell by trail and error, so I'll keep you posted and place here a link for a new journal to come.

cheers, Cor

I just received mine A 601 Plus and unfortunately came without wired dimmer, scratched and the led strips are lose so is DOA.

I filmed to serve as prof
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjBnEcMC-D2T0H-ZexWM8rmE31dg

Thats no good! I received my A 601 Plus the other day, the paper stickers they use to cover the ends of the LEDs / Wires are so cheap and when the light is running the glue on the cheap paper sicker heats up and they just drop off, my 450 plus had better plastic stickers... Also had a dimmer DOA, quality control isnt high obviously, wouldnt be to bad if shipping replacements etc didnt take about one month.

Yes i noticed that the stickers are just glued paper that will fall off soon or later.

they should test the unit before send it, now i will have to wait 1 month for replacement.

I just received mine A 601 Plus and unfortunately came without wired dimmer, scratched and the led strips are lose so is DOA. I filmed to serve as profhttps://1drv.ms/v/s!AjBnEcMC-D2T0H-ZexWM8rmE31dg

Not very lucky, too much stuff not right for factory defect...

Yes i noticed that the stickers are just glued paper that will fall off soon or later.
they should test the unit before send it, now i will have to wait 1 month for replacement.

That is a design problem, not tested before selling!
My RGB also heats more than A-serie's.
1 Month...:bored:

Thats no good! I received my A 601 Plus the other day, the paper stickers they use to cover the ends of the LEDs / Wires are so cheap and when the light is running the glue on the cheap paper sicker heats up and they just drop off, my 450 plus had better plastic stickers... Also had a dimmer DOA, quality control isnt high obviously, wouldnt be to bad if shipping replacements etc didnt take about one month.

The dimmer is very simple (and cheap), sometimes it doesn't work. Not good, but can happen...
You can get electronic fails in all brand's! I already saw fail's in top aquarium brands. The cheaper tend to have more defective unit's percentage, not funny when you get one!
Some Brand's (and shops) have good support others not. That's also part of the price we pay.
1 month is no good but (if there's no stock near) is not much different from other brand's.
When things go this way we contact the shop/seller and pray...:nailbiting:
Thanks for reporting, good to know before buying, is very usefull for others!
Cheers

I've recieved the RGB light so here's a little review.

Assembly is easy, although there is no description included. At assembly I've noticed that he acrylic brackets are to big for the glas of my tank (5mm). So I can't tighten them.
Need longer screws or I have to fill it up with something to make it stable enough...

The rgb-unit itself is holding his place by 4 adjustable metal houlders. To be sure that the rgb-unit won't move I've conected 4 small rubbers. So the unit will stay in place. :thumbup:
s25qg2.jpg

So time for light testing;
The package came with a standard manual controller for the light levels and I've ordered also an remote controller separately.

On the all the websites I could find, there is mentiond that the remote controller has 7 different level brightness. But this remote controller has 8 different levels!
And I found out that the only the wired dimmer has 7 different levels...

Next thing is measuring the lux values in various places at the bottom But something I've noticed: The remote controller gives a flickering light at level 1 to 5. There is no constant lux!
I found out beqause I've used a LUX tester. At the naked eye you won't see any disdurbance, but the lux meter showed flickering and there's no constant lux. On level 6 7 and 8 the light is constant.

I've read several complains about the controllers from chihoros lights. In most of the cases the new replacement is working fine. So I've contacted the retailer for an replacement. And he will send me one asap.
I've did the same testing with the wired dimmer, and there is no flickering and all the 7 levels are in constant lux. So this is good.

There is no reliable info about the lumens or par readings for the lights.
Some retailers mentioned the 30cm RGB for about 1000 lumens, and some other retailers speaks about 3750 lumens...
fx8cxk.jpg

It's difficult to find information about such thing as Lumen.
And PAR messurments? Please feel free to post them in your comments. Still not found them. If the rgb is any good for growht?
Don't know yet.
2a4u6hg.jpg
Time will tell by trail and error, so I'll keep you posted and place here a link for a new journal to come.

cheers, Cor

Is there attachments so you can hang the led from the ceiling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there are specially designed Hang-on Kits available for the RGB.
Single and double version. Will cost about 10,-

Great - is there a hook on the led as I already have something hanging from the ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No hook, you need to buy the kit which has two plastic plates you attach to the end of the led lights and these plates have a mount for the wire etc.

I've got one; the RGB30. But still to soon to give a update. Bequase I just started 10 days ago...
Plants are doing fine and growing fast, dimmer is working fine, but so far so good

Use it on an 40cm (40x25x25) on dimmer level 3 of 7.
From RGB to soil is prox 30cm
I have a 40x40x40 so depth wouldn't be far off but its just the width that bothers me. I have the aquasky version on it right now on highest setting and doesn't seem to light the whole tank. Would you mind putting a picture up please so I can see it :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back