• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lobelia Cardinalis

Pricey32

Ive had this plant for a while now but seems to be struggling, new leaves appearing but lower stem is bare. Im using no co2 but dosing daily with neutro t. Advice needed thanks

2c3bf19bc5bf3456e3e11738d0bcfc9a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely the same as with your Limnophila.. Both plants are categorized as easy but still could be called pretty advanced for low tech conditions. Maybe you have been giving it a bit to much ferts in combination with to little light.. This is a hard to find sweetspot in non co2 tanks with stemplants.

Looks acceptable to me, actually........they "survive" and grow acceptable without added CO2, but will defenitely benefit from some added CO2.
Personally, I would cut the Lobelia stems quite low - re-plant the off-cuts (they will certainly grow new roots) - and wait and see if the cut stems should start to grow new branches (they may or may not, depending on general health of plant - most likely they will).

Only just seen this mick but ive actually done just that a few hours ago when i did my water change

Back