• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Internet plant purchases in UK

My Internet plants have all come from Aquaessentials.

https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk

All been fine and healthy and a year or two later are still going.

The best source I have found locally, for me, has been Aquajardin Southampton. Top quality no algea & no snails.

Plants from other local shops I have impulse purchased, have resulted in snail outbreaks (now gone after a year of removing every water change) or just getting covered in algae and not thriving.

I've used aquarium gardens alternated with aqua essentials and have never had a problem so far

my personal recommendation is @Aquarium Gardens

got some Echinodorus Tenellus Tissue Culture of them last week. Very fast dispatched, Which isnt doing very well in my DSM.

upload_2017-2-7_17-56-11.png

upload_2017-2-7_17-56-52.png

Roots wasn't the best IMO, sent them an Email (asking for read receipt) as most of it has gone very brown, yet to hear back.
Shame as pretty big order I will be doing.

will see if https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk have what I'm after

got some Echinodorus Tenellus Tissue Culture of them last week. Very fast dispatched, Which isnt doing very well in my DSM.

View attachment 102595
View attachment 102596

Roots wasn't the best IMO, sent them an Email (asking for read receipt) as most of it has gone very brown, yet to hear back.
Shame as pretty big order I will be doing.

will see if https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk have what I'm after
Yeah... I forgot to say that... don't go for the Hortilab tissue culture plants they sell. I got some and one of the tubs had a bit of mould inside... but I sent an email and they offered me a refund right away. The other types of plants were very good though.

don't go for the Hortilab tissue culture plants they sell

Only place that had the Echinodorus Tenellus 'Brown' in stock that I was after.

Doing split order at both sites as one has some and not others and via versa.

Got an Email off the Guys at @Aquarium Gardens and offered to replace the Plant for me :clap::thumbup:

also adding
The tissue cultured plants are much better when planted into a submerged set up, which is what I would recommend doing with this plant.
unquote

I live I learn - was wondering what I had done wrong as the tropicas 1-2 plants had done so well.

Some plant species transition more easily to dry start methodology than others - also when flooding some people have minimal "melt" while others observe significant loss ...

As I recall E tenellus is not so keen on dry starts

From Ebay- k2aqua.
Good quality and quantities too!
i would highly recommend K2aqua, have made many purchases from them and they will separate the invitro plants in the pre made plugs ready for planting if you ask.
Also I find their moss balls to be the best for the price.

I had no problem with aquarium gardens so far and plant arrived quickly and in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no problem with aquarium gardens so far and plant arrived quickly and in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the Guys at aquarium gardens e-mailed this morning and are sending another E tenellus brown as good will, together with the order I placed last night.
So i have to agree worthy company worth dealing with:thumbup:

Always happy when I get excellent support :clap:

Back