• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape New 110L setup, root and dragonstone

20170205_200935-01.png
finally managed to upload an image direct from my phone. Have resized to allow for forum restrictions so please forgive me if quality isn't ideal

Hi, very nice setup. You may find it difficult to keep the soil from spreading out onto the sand when you flood the tank due to the steep slope. Also, there is a limited area of soil with access to the lights above but you probably have taken account of this with your planned planting. The redmoor looks unsoaked so will have to be weighted down for a while of course.It is a really nice layout and I'm sure will look great when grown in. Cheers.

Thanks folks, appreciate the feedback. I've tried to place the stones to form a pallisade, to hold back the substrate. I've also made some sandbags underneath the substrate (using wife's old pop-socks and gravel) to retain it

This looks really nice! I am just about to scape a tank with rock and wood and this looks a little similar to my own plans but yes I do like it. Your root wood looks nice size wise and detailed with character, where did you source it?

Hi. Nice layout. I like the tank looks the same as mine ☺ will follow your thread. How do you find the lights? I was going to get these myself originally but changed my mind in the end.

This looks really nice! I am just about to scape a tank with rock and wood and this looks a little similar to my own plans but yes I do like it. Your root wood looks nice size wise and detailed with character, where did you source it?

Thanks SinkorSwim. I got it at Almondsbury garden centre, South Gloucestershire. They have a really good hardscape selection for a fairly small independent retailer.

Hi. Nice layout. I like the tank looks the same as mine ☺ will follow your thread. How do you find the lights? I was going to get these myself originally but changed my mind in the end.

Hi Iain. So far I'm really impressed with the lights - great build quality given the price, and VERY bright! Slightly cold, but greens are well rendered.

I'll defo bare it in mind for the future. I'll be running 2 tmc 1000nd when I get it running. Hopefully this will be enough for this tank lol

Does anyone here fancy taking a look at my rock/wood layout thread? Sorry to hijack its just I've had no comments and its been days.

Back