• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trustworthy lfs

a rix

Hi guys i hope you can help me ive decided on my next fish however I have been told that there are various different types ofthe fish that iam after so i need a lfs that i can trust to get the right fish
I live in Mildenhall Suffolk.

Many thanks Anthony rix

Not a stupid distance but if they can guarantee they can get exactly what I want. I don't mind a drive

Oh really i do know of them are they good

What fish do you want?

Most lfs will try to meet customer requests but depending on fish species, this may range from very easy to very difficult to nigh impossible ...
Also if you want 3 fish & shop must special order 200, it's likely not going to happen if fish is a difficult "sell" - chain stores may have a complex order process (everything through head office)

Also some fish are seasonal so if you've just missed this years "catch", it's a wait of several months before they list again (& some fish go of the "lists" for years)

I guess since the majority of aquarium fish are imported and as far is i know most South American sp. are wild catch and eastern europe and Asia is very specialized in breeding commercial aquarium fish, so it still is import for the biggest part in European countries.. Very little stock is bred localy, maybe some very special species in limited quantities.

Now most lfs sttore only a small collection of what's realy available even if they have 50 different sp. for sale it's still far from all there is... So finding the importing wholesalers and their dealers/store locator.. Most large tropical fish importers nowadays also have their own websites with stocking list and store locator..

For example i'm from the Netherlands and we have a very large Tropical Fish importer/exporter 95% of the lfs in my country and in Belgium gets the fish from https://www.ruinemans.com/en-GB/63/freshwater-fish.html

According to their store locator they export again to 7 different addresses in the UK, 4 of their customers closest to you are near London..

http://wholesaletropicalsaquatics.co.uk/product-category/in-store/ (London) and http://www.wildwoods.co.uk/ (Crewshill)

Anyway what Ruinemans has, Crewshill can have if you are willing to wait for the order to arrive. :)

Monique at Orwell Aquatics in Felixstowe is my go to for fish,superb quality stock and in perfect condition.
She does an excellent courier service if you can't get to her and will order in what you want if it's on her lists :)

Thanks for all the help guys. But you wouldn't believe it i walked into amwell aquatics to enquire about them getting some and the guy says we have some in stock and they were the exact species i was after. Couldn't believe my luck. :)

I was looking for a group of nematobrycon palmeri (true emperor tetra) i honestly couldn't believe my luck when I saw them. Well happy

Back