• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

calling on chihiros series a users

papa_c

Need a little pre purchase advice, from the spec and other discussion threads they come with a dimmer prewired.

The question is when setting the light intensity via the dimmer is it remembered and the next time the lights come on they start with the previous set intensity? Or does it have to be adjusted every time the are switched on.

I run my lights on a time switch and don't want to have to phaf around with them, need them to be set and forget!

Brilliant thanks, is yours the 60mm wide light with 3 rows of leds? How deep is your tank and do you find them powerful enough?

It's the A601 model. I have it mounted a couple of inches above a 15inch high tank in an old metal hood. The light is very bright on the highest intensity, since my tank is low-tech I use it on a low setting. I don't know the PAR readings but I recall people having great success with using them for high-tech too.

Light spread is fine on my 30inchx12inch tank, if you have a tank with much more depth you may need more than one unit to get sufficient coverage.

The picture is the tank it's on for reference, as I said it's on a low intensity and my water was quite tannin stained at the time of the picture.

Attachments

• 88L tank.jpg
    88L tank.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Hi,

I have the 30cm version. All I can say is wow!!
I have mine on a high tech setup and have it on the last but one intensity so it very powerful.

Here take a look

5823081bc19d6002cc36d59c3e1783e1.jpg

fc79cab8548c2b001184afb24b741419.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Ive just ordered a second one for 60cm tank. carpeted Monte Carlo no probs at highest intensity with co2. I'm thinking that with a second unit i'll have a more even spread and i can use a combination of intensity settings to achieve a good balance of speed of growth and frequency of trimming. If it's too much what is £40? Cracking little lights IMO.

Does anyone else think that this would be too much if co2 is on point? I have DHG and it is growing too slow.

Can the chihiros be hung from the ceiling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back