• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing

Roediger

I am using Seachem brand at the moment. What are the main dosing chems plants need. I been reading articles from here which are excellent! from this article I have a magnesium deficiency. is there a powder or a chem that covers most chems? or do i really need to get a multitude of chems?

dosing potassium/ Iron / flourish comprehensive / started excel today . i purchased nitrogen and phosphorus. I sent an email to the company today and they said my dosing was off!. I was doing 1ml of flourish comprehensive instead of 2.4 and iron is 3 ml as well not 2ml

I used 6 fertz + pressurized CO2.

NPK is dosed (marco fertz).

I does N via KNO3 (1). This also contain some K, but not enough. N is also provided by the fish food/waste, so I find you always need less than you think. So I dose straight K (2) and P (3).

I dose micro fertz via Seachem Flourish (4). Fe (5) can be dosed at the same time.

You can use dry fertz or premixed pump bottles. My KNO3 is homemade liquid from salts.

On wc I dose Mg (6) via Epsom Salts. Mosses love it.

I dose daily. Micro then marco alternately.

That's all i need these four chems!, and it will have all the nutrients needed to keep a healthy tank? does that include a boost in co2 also am curious.
Yes, but no CO2.

Plants need K, N & P and also Mg which is what the macro dosing supplies. The micronutrients, most important Fe is supplied in the macro.

You must dose macro and micro alternate days as the Fe reacts with the phosphate to produce insoluble iron phosphate which is then bio unavailable to the plants.

To add carbon use either gaseous CO2 or a liquid carbon.

Back