• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The death of Aquascaping World

Hello Guys,

My name is Shane. I am a relatively new member here, so you may not respect me as an aquascaper, but hopefully you will respect me as a person.

A group of guys have been working hard to keep a forum called Aquascaping World alive and well ever since I joined them in 2016. We are in dire need for more members and contributors.

If you can do me and my friends on that community a major favor, please sign up and contribute where you can. This forum truly grew me from a novice to an intermediate aquascaper in less than 2 months (and some practice).

If you would like to help me in saving my family on this forum, please sign up and help bring this forum back to it's glory!

Shane Puthuparambil

PS: Some members you may recognize: @ShawnMac @Tim Harrison
Comment below if you have contributed on this forum in the past!

haha is that the site where all the rubbish aquascapers go?

I used to be quite active on ASW, back when Jurijs and John were admin. Obviously after UKAPS forum was formed I spend most of my effort here and didn't go on there much.

I have huge respect for Shawn Mac, the current admin, and it's a shame it seems to being dying off.

I wish them all the best.

Cheers,
George

People are moving onto other platforms but i cannot for the life of me work out why.

I say this because Facebook is rubbish at finding old information whereas through this forum I can relatively easily find someone that had the same problem as me ten years ago.

Why not use Facebook as a tool to gain new members to your forum??

The best way to get activity driven towards your forum is to offer something people want - new, regular and quality content.

Why not use social media to promote your websites content and in return pull people back towards your community.?

(Hope this helps)

Chris

In the aquascaping world one thing I have learnt is there is no single source of correct information, and often there is conflicting information between different forums. I always read many and make a balance judgement call based on what I read, there are so many variables that there is no one size fits all.

Its a bit like reading only one newspaper which will give one editors point of view, compare the headlines between the daily express, mirror, guardian and the times, same story different point of view

Hello Guys,

My name is Shane. I am a relatively new member here, so you may not respect me as an aquascaper, but hopefully you will respect me as a person.

A group of guys have been working hard to keep a forum called Aquascaping World alive and well ever since I joined them in 2016. We are in dire need for more members and contributors.

If you can do me and my friends on that community a major favor, please sign up and contribute where you can. This forum truly grew me from a novice to an intermediate aquascaper in less than 2 months (and some practice).

If you would like to help me in saving my family on this forum, please sign up and help bring this forum back to it's glory!

Shane Puthuparambil

PS: Some members you may recognize: @ShawnMac @Tim Harrison
Comment below if you have contributed on this forum in the past!
Signed up

Just waiting on the confirmation email...

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Just go through some of the journals, and we'll really figure out who is rubbish ;).

I used to be quite active on ASW, back when Jurijs and John were admin. Obviously after UKAPS forum was formed I spend most of my effort here and didn't go on there much.

I have huge respect for Shawn Mac, the current admin, and it's a shame it seems to being dying off.

I wish them all the best.

Cheers,
George

Thanks a bunch George, it has started to revive itself.
Why not use Facebook as a tool to gain new members to your forum??

The best way to get activity driven towards your forum is to offer something people want - new, regular and quality content.

Why not use social media to promote your websites content and in return pull people back towards your community.?

(Hope this helps)

Chris

I will try to use facebook to gain some more members.

Thanks for all the help guys,
Shane:joyful:

I am a member of AWS but like most, only have time for one forum, and UKAPS is the forum for me and has been for the last decade (I haven't always been admin, and started off just as a regular member like everyone else ;) ), FB is the worst platform for information, its great to showcase your aquascapes and get your name out there, but as a means to help and find information is the wrong place, some groups tend to think its the best thing ever, but FB is just for lazy people that don't want to search for info and just want their question answered and move on.

This is a community where people stick around and help each other, point people in the right direction, most of the time to topics already on the forum, show their journals, we can see their roller coaster ride to get to the finished product ;) we assist and learn with them ;)

I do think that there isn't much space for too many forums on the same topic and forums with lower traffic should perhaps consider a collaboration with bigger sites!

Like a lot of people, both young and older, I'm not convinced by all that social media has supposedly got to offer...
Sure FB has its place - I only joined so I could access the UKAPS gallery, for instance - but the sense of community we've all built here at UKAPS is genuinely unique.
I also think along the same lines as Paulo, that collaboration between similar communities can make a great deal of sense.
Either way, like George, I wish AquaScaping World all the best.

Last edited:
Hi Shane,
Yes aquascaping wold foroum is a litle down...
I am a member, there and update anytime of my status of mine tanks...

Same as in ukaps, barr report, sometimes planted tank. forums here, aquatek ,aqua4fun, aquazone, and others shrimpforums... :)

The less segmentation of the hobby the better... harsh as it may sound
Wouldn't it be great to get all your planted tank content in one spot? people constantly sharing and updating journals, DIY's, discussing the latest trends and knowledge. If activity is perceived as positive, is there a good reason then why we'd want to spread it out over multiple platforms?
This isn't a dig at ASW, just general commentary about the issue at hand

Back