• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers gill fishfinger 2 nelson.and if i have missed anyone apologies.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cheers green finger 2. Thats the garden and pond finished.
But i am doing another project. A quarentine grow on. In the shed.This will be the set up.

6ftL 4ftW 4ft deep. Roughly 1000gal. 2inch bottom drain . Built with wood. Insulated with 25mm kingspan. All the way around. Bottom as well. Then wood on top of insulation.Fiber glassed done by myself. Inside and outside. The guy who built my shed will do the carpentry.
Then heater. Heat thermostat controller. Air pump.2x settling chambers with grog in. 1x easy pod. With k1 and jap mat in.
Pump will be 2500 lph. 4ft strip light with uv bulb in above the tank. It will be covered slight gap to let gasses out. So i will do this on here. A step by steplike i did on pond and garden.
All the best fred
here s some photo s of my mates being built to give idea

Last edited:
Mine will be exactly same
4c902b1c6b2b82cbf3127de6dd2f6f36.jpg

29a47b005f1c0ba368e6fe6dabca4d25.jpg

Hope that gives you an idea of plan

Last edited:
Greenfinger 2 got it right apologies haha.o sullivan 2. London dragon zozo. Ian_m.
Thanks for the thanks.
I will probably start this after xmas.or new year.
The idea is i don t want to heat my pond.i want the fish to have the seasons as they come. Reason. If i had just koi i would heat it up. But i have nt. I have a mixture of fish tench rudd and the like. So the idea is to kill two birds with one stone. Heat a quarentine grow on. Cheaper. Also if fish are ill.i can treat them in there. For you need tempreture to treat the fish.10 deg c
Below your knackered. Also i will grow the fish on. In the winter. So a grow on as well as a sickbay. Thank s fred

Last edited:
Picture of health Fred
Yeah Paraguay looking good mate. Just cleaned upper pond out for the winter. Emptied it and cleaned it out. Thinkining of putting a manifold in there in the spring. On the bottom and blow water through it to clean. Just been watching a utube video on bog filter with the pond digger. On how to do this
Looks cool. Thanks mate. Ian_m.zozo.green finger2 cheers lads. All the best fred
Upper pond cleaned up
0059d1356aead688b03a8fcc3a9a0e42.jpg

Hi Fred, like the continued progress and the grow out pond idea. How many more can you realistically fit in your pond to warrant the new setup? I'm guessing you don't lose them that often due to their long lives and your diligence. Plus if you aren't growing any I guess it makes an excellent qt.

I am at my limit now mort as in amount in the pond. I have 6 small ones in there to grow on. Your right some of my fish are nearly nineteen years old. So i have a limit. I have allowed for them to grow on so amount in the pond is been took into consideration. so no probs there mate.

Paraquay gill thanks and to everyone on here. Have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Turned the trickle feed in to pond down . Thats half for the winter. Because of less feeding. Its the small hose. Its now running at 200 ml a minute speed. it was 450ml a minute
fdc776ecc40ad0191a0e34701ea4b557.jpg

And heres my ochiba that was ill.
Now fit as a fiddle. Also scraped two fish today. And put the mucus under the micro scope. Good news. I did not find anything. So lifes a good un. Merry xmas to all. be lucky fred

Here is something that might intrest a few of you. Before i scraped my fish. My friend ha bought the camera for his scope. So he sent me still pictures of flukes that he found on his fish. Here they are
bbdf3f7275ea569e60cb942a293281ab.jpg

f8f934134b1dc3d3dab6b967424e7ae4.jpg

So for those that did nt know. Thats what flukes look like there is a video of it to. All the best fred

They look nasty blighters Fred. Those teeth are pretty nasty.

Do you have a book of nasty stuff and how to id them? or is it a case of just seeing anything that isn't mucus. I've played with marine parasites under a microscope (I'm a reef guy more than freshwater) and its quite an education.

Glad the Ochiba is doing well and merry Christmas to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back