• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Creepy Hollows

Gary Murphy

Hey Everyone,
Starting a new Journal after deciding that using rock wasn't exactly my strong point :facepalm:
I managed to pick up some interesting pieces of DW from my LFS :cool:

Tank: ADA 60p
Light: 2x24w T5
Filter: Eheim 2213 with Lily Pipes
Co2: Pressurized Co2 Kit
Hardscape: Red Moor Wood and Lava Rock
Substrate: ADA Power Sand Special S and ADA Aqua Soil
Plants: Yet to be decided

WP_20161128_20_25_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20161129_12_59_59_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. Nice bits of wood, would be a pity to cover up some of the most interesting parts...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I could put the bigger rocks around the back of the DW for support then scatter some of the smaller pieces in between the base but I think most of the base of the DW wont be visible when planted. I was going to plant this one heavy. Any ideas?

I have them soaking in a bucket as we speak greenmac ;)

Plant selection is going to be Monte Carlo, Pogostemon Helferi, Repens, Alternanthera reineckii Mini at the front and Rotala rotundifolia, Rotala colorata at the back. Also thinking about adding some Fern :)

Last edited:
How about a little bit of Hygrophila pinnatifida too? Could be attached to wood or rocks...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tim thats a great idea. I ended up getting some Blyxa Japonica instead of Fern to go in the middle I will keep little pockets between the rocks and DW to plant them :)

Never have used that plant before Bex I will take a look into it, Thanks :thumbup:

Plants coming Tuesday so will have fully planted and submerged then, I will be sure to keep updated with photos.

Had to use different wood in the end. I kept soaking the wood in boiling hot water and the wood warped horribly to the point i decided not to use it :mad:

Here is the new scape currently at Day 5... Sorry about picture quality will get some better ones in the near future.

WP_20161220_21_32_23_Pro.jpg

Back